Publishing articles

Hi
I wanted to know. Whats the best thing:

When u write articles, do you publish it on your website immediate ? Or do you first submit it to all directories and once it’s approved you post it to to your site?

Correct me if I am wrong: once you publish it to your website , article directors will not accept the article as its no longer UNiQUe? Am I right?

Correction " article directors" is " article directories"

Trying to get use to smart phones… :slight_smile:

[font=verdana]I cannot for the life of me think why you would want to have multiple copies of your article on the web, most of which you will have no editorial control over, and where the one on your site is the last to be published. What that pretty much guarantees is that Google will direct people to every other copy before yours, so you will get minimal traffic.

Remember, article directories are run for the benefit of article directories, not submitters. Doing what they suggest or ask is not necessarily going to be in your interests. Your goal should be to put your article on your website, so Google sees it as the one definitive copy. Copying it in its entirety onto other sites is a risky strategy, because there is always the risk that Google or other webmasters will refer people to the copies rather than your original, and having read it in full there’s then little incentive for them to visit your site, if they even notice that they weren’t reading it on the author’s site.[/font]

Steve thanks I get your point . I think I r right

What I was thinking was to publish articles as pr or on article directories with back links between the articles to divert traffic to my site for more information. That way I get targeted visitors and back links to my site.

Steve I meant " I think u r right" my typo

Well, it depends on your goal. I have 12 articles per week. I budget those article for my article marketing. Some article I submitted to directories and other I submit to article submission sites that has a High PR. There are some site that approved automatically and some are waiting for approval. The article that you need to submit must be unique and contains quality content. Few article directory sites can determine if your article is unique or not. However, submitting duplicate or not unique article can hurt the ranking of your site or blog. Google says big No-No for this kind of action.

Just like Eugeanne said You can use different article instead of using one. I guess your purpose is to spread your work around and that can be excellently done with different unique articles.

1. First, I wonder how you differentiate article directory and article submission sites? They look the same to me. In fact, either term on Google brings up the same results.
  2. Second, to say that “few article directory sites can determine if your article is unique or not” is simply wrong. If they don’t have their own tools to check your work against what has already been published on the web, if they know a thing about writing, they are aware of sites like Copyscape.
  3. Third, this forum doesn’t care what Google says – good or bad. We are here to discuss web content for people, not for search bots.

1, Yes ma’am, article directory and article submission sites are the same.

2.You are wrong with that ma’am. There are some article submission sites that can’t determine if your article is original or not specially those instant approval site, mostly are in wordpress template.

3.It’s important to know what Google has to say since it is the most popular search engine nowadays with its billion users. well, I don’t want seeing my site being ban or waking up one day that I can’t search anymore my site in search engine because of that duplicate content. Aside from that it will cause to drop the ranking of the keywords or even worst it has no more ranking at all.

1. So then, how do you differentiate. You posted that “Some article I submitted to directories and other I submit to article submission sites that has a High PR.”

2. All any article submission site has to do to find out if your content is original is run it through CopyScape. If they are offering instant approval, they are sticking their nose into a potential plagiarism lawsuit and in my opinion, any author worth his or her salt wouldn’t bother with such a site. I don’t submit to article sites period, but if I did it would be a sight that was prudent in copyright laws. I don’t ever want to be linked to any site that condones plagiarism.

3. Here’s the point about SEO. In this forum we discuss adding content to websites for visitors. If you wish to discuss SEO please do so in the Internet Marketing forum.

It depends on the sites policy… so read the rules… Some bloggers publish article as many as soon as possible. for early indexing of their site

The articles need to publishing with the help of both article directories and also article submissions. Both are available to publish and they are one and the same.

We can also keep the links in the article as per the limitation and to follow the rules as per the site. The content must be unique with the limitation of words without any type of spamming content.

It all depends what you’re trying to achieve. If you want traffic you might consider writing it well, and SEOing for an article submission site with really ‘good link value’.

This makes good sense as they already have the traffic, so you get the exposure… and you can ‘lead them to a follow-on’ via your site. Don’t fall into the trap of just putting up average rubbish for a link; if you do then you’ll get no value. The key to article marketing is highly targeted content, placed on quality ‘link-valued’ sites… the knowing how to get them to click thorough …and the link value becomes a big bonus!

i never use the same article for my website and other article sites. It’s better you write different article for your website and other article sites. I would think this would cause a big problem but I may be wrong. I always write different articles for directories than I have on my site.

we usually write and then post the original article in our blog site. And then you can manually re-write that one and submit to article directories. With Ezine, you can submit your original content as long as Ezine sees that your Author name in their site and in your blog site is the same.

According to current scenario it is recommended to submit one article on a good article directory. An article directory having not less than PR4 and offers dofollow links is considered as a good article directory. Select 10 good article directories and 10 web 2.0 sites and attach a blog with your site. Submit 4 unique articles in a week for a website.

I always wait until my original article gets indexed then after a week or two post it on max. 10 article directories with the link back to the original content. My articles always show up in Google and even when I type the exact title it shows up the first in SERP. So I think my original content will always be on the top of the SERP even if you copy it a hundred times.

What I used to do is run a “mixer” involving: 1 blog post, one direct marketing article, one article for submission to a directory, and one post on an external blog. They would all cross link to eachother and work wonderfully, but that depends on what your specific goals are. There are many strategies to implement, which are all goal specific.

If you want brand recognition/awareness, then directories MIGHT work. If you want traffic to your website, there are more effective solutions than spamming directories.

Why not use social bookmarkings if you need backlinks. Also, high authoritative directories usually will not approved articles that they thought as duplicate contents.

Thread started in August. I assume the question has been adequately answered. Thread Closed.