Pull products off ebay/amazon stores onto joomla page? Help Appreciated

Hi,

I have an idea for a client who has an ebay store and an amazon store. They already have their customer base on these websites so no requirement for an ecommerce website… Ebay & Amazon are automatically updated by their cash register product management system, so my idea was to possibly have a BT Content slider or something similar, which displays products listed on their online stores (ebay/amazon) - this seems like a good solution since their ebay or amazon stores will never display out of stock items etc - Does anyone know of the easiest work around for this idea?

Thanks

have you tried using the links from the ebay/amazon stores? that should work inside whatever slider you are using…

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Originally I had considered setting up a category called featured products or something, and have an article for each “featured product” with description and a link to the product… However, the client (who has an actual shop), has a stock management system which automatically updates the stock on their Amazon and Ebay stores, so that there will never be an “out of stock” item displayed on amazon or ebay… Doing it the way I was thinking there is the risk of out of stock items being displayed (and thus a dead link) in the content slider… which is why i was wanting to pull products off their online stores into the slider…

Someone has suggested RSS, but i am not sure how to feed RSS info into the BT Content Slider - also im not sure about setting up an RSS feed from amazon or ebay - I know how to create a feed reader in Joomla however its not pretty, doesnt display thumbnail images etc :confused:

Are there even any modules that can display the products from the online stores on amazon and ebay as products on a joomla page, and when the user clicks it takes them to the relevent store/item for purchase, that way obviously there wouldnt be the risk of out of stock items showing on the joomla site also since their stock management system doesnt display out of stock items on their amazon and ebay stores…