Pulling from blog post, but i want it to be a widget

Hello all.
I am having some issues with this chunk of php.
I am working in Wordpress, and i have an area on my homepage that is pulling from blog posts.
I want it to be a widget area.
I dont want to remove the entire block of code, bc i still want it to pull the h2 from the theme options.

You can see the first part pulls the header from the theme options, and after that it pulls a blog post.

I have tried replacing everything in the ‘bottom left feature inner’ div with the code for the widget area, and that did not work.
I hacve tried a number of different starting points and cannot find the right one.

I keep running into errors ‘unexpected endif;’ ‘unexpected endwhile;’ and ‘unexpected $end’.

so my question is, what do i need to do so i can keep the title, but eliminate the pulling from the blog?

full code section:

<?php if (inkthemes_get_option('inkthemes_left_head') != '') { ?>
            <h2><?php echo stripslashes(inkthemes_get_option('inkthemes_left_head')); ?></h2>
            <?php } else { ?>
            <h2><?php _e('From The Blog','andrina'); ?></h2>
            <?php } ?>
            <?php query_posts( 'posts_per_page=2' ); ?>
            <?php if (have_posts()) :  while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
            <div class="bottom-feature-left-inner-wrapper">
                <a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>"><?php inkthemes_get_image(185, 165); ?> </a>
                <div class="bottom-feature-left-inner">
                    <h3><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title_attribute(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h3>
                   <?php echo inkthemes_custom_trim_excerpt(40); ?>
                    <a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" class="index-read"></a>
                </div>
            </div>
           <?php endwhile; endif; ?>
           <?php wp_reset_query(); ?>

The other thing that happens when i do things incorrectly is the two columns stack, rather than sitting next to eachother.

Thank you for your assistance.