Pure Gold

I love it when someone steps up and takes the time to put real thought into their posts.
Here at SitePoint we call these Golden Posts, and here is an example of one. What makes that particular post even more special is that it’s from [URL=“http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/member.php?813359-ziggyjustice”]a new member.

I like to reward Golden Posters, so congratulations ziggyjustice, you’ve just scored yourself a free month at Learnable.

Thanks again for offering your opinion in such a thoughtful, thorough and well worded way. :slight_smile:

What has always attracted me to Sitepoint (for many years) is the detailed, intelligent, and engaging interchange among people with similar interests.
In many cases they have more technical expertise than me and I always learn something.

Overall, the Internet and the ability it has provided for us to quickly access information, has degraded human communication just a little. The quick response and byte-sized comment seems to dominate most forums and discussion boards.
I am excited and proud to be an active part of Sitepoint. Not only is this the largest forum of its kind on the planet, it contains the richest collection of smart and technically astute people who contribute regularly.

Thank you all for permitting me to be a part of this great community.

{ And I encourage everyone who reads this to take just a little more time when you create a thread or formulate a reply. Think out what you really want to say and engage in meaningful discussion. It is rewarding and edifies all who read it. }

Good advice Thom. :slight_smile:

Awesome advice Thom!

I think forums can be a product of “like attracts like”, so taking steps to encourage the posts we want and discourage the posts we don’t are what makes a good forum. I don’t know that it is always the length that counts, but how a post really hits home.

Sorry to resurrect this after a month. Thanks for the kudos! I will be happy to accept this invitation to learnable. I’ll keep an eye out for future topics I might be able to chime in on.

Great. :slight_smile:

I sent you a PM some time back with details of the Learnable subscription.

Well done, Ziggy. I clicked his comment link and I admit he did give a good advice. It’s obvious he got experience. This is a good advice for high school kids in my neighborhood. Sadly, this generation has this I-don’t-care,-I-just-want-to-have-fun mentality.

Profound post. I agree 100%. Sometimes it takes time for person to find his passion though. Many people never do and that is quite sad.

Well done sir… It was a perfect piece of advice for me as well as many other guys…