Python+DJango Dictionary loser its "order" in template

I’m trying to loop through a queryset to built a dictionary, then loop through that dictionary in my template to create a grid. It works, BUT, the fields are in the wrong order. Instead of getting them in the order of Field1 Field2 Field3, I get Field2, Field1, Field3. This is just an example of whats happening. In actuality I have 10 fields, but they’re not rendered in the same order I defined the model with. Can anyone help explain why and what I can do to fix so that the order stays consistent?

models.py:

class MyModel(models.Model)
    Field1 = models.CharField(max_length=30)
    Field2 = models.DateTimeField()
    Field3 = models.CharField(max_length=30)

views.py:

def MyView(request):
    MyQuerySet = MyModel.objects.all()[:10]
    MyDictionary = {}
    RowNumber = 0
    for row in MyQuerySet:
        NestedDictionary = {}    
        ColumnNumber = 0    
        for column in row._meta.fields:
            if  column.verbose_name != "ID":
                fieldtype = str(type(column)).replace("'>", "").replace("<class 'django.db.models.fields.", "")
                NestedDictionary.update({str(ColumnNumber):
                            {'name': column.verbose_name,
                            'value': getattr(row, column.verbose_name),
                            'type': fieldtype}
                            })
                ColumnNumber = ColumnNumber + 1
        MyDictionary.update({str(RowNumber): NestedDictionary})
        RowNumber = RowNumber + 1
    ctx = {}
    ctx.update({'MyDictionary':MyDictionary})
    return render_to_response('MyTemplate.html', ctx, context_instance=RequestContext(request))

MyTemplate.html:

<table cellpadding="1px" cellspacing="1px" border="1px">
{% for key, row in MyDictionary.items %}
    <tr>        
        {% for key2, field in row.items %}
            <td>
                {{ field.value }}
            </td>
        {% endfor %}
    </tr>
{% endfor %}
</table>

I have an update: I just found this information on the custom data structure class “SortedDict” :
https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/SortedDict

That helps move me in the right direction, BUT, it still doesn’t solve my problem. And thats because when I hit the line that reads “for column in row._meta.fields:”, it loops through the queryset fields in an order that is not consistent with which they were actually defined in my model. That stinks because I would have thought they’d have been in original order when selecting all of them at once. So its probably happening when I hit “MyQuerySet = MyModel.objects.all()[:10]”

Is there any way to ensure that the fields in the queryset remain in the order which the model was defined without explicitly requesting each field one at a time?

Ok final update. I was wrong. The queryset was returning the fields in the correct order.

I ended up using SortedDict as previously mentioned, and then used a custom filter in my template as described here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2024660/django-sort-dict-in-template

That did the trick.

There is a Meta option you can add to your model called “ordered” (if memory serves. Then when you use the QuerySet all() method they come out in that order. Other than that and if you don’t need to do it in the template you can use the QuerySet order_by() method.

Sent from my XT316 using Tapatalk 2