Question about guest blogging bylines

Hi all, I’m new here, great to be here!

I have a question about guest blogging. What do you think about guest blog bylines? Real names vs pen names vs site names?

Thanks for any input!

I actually do guest blogging on occasion. It’s a great way to get your name out there and get a good backlink, while providing content for another webmaster. I usually use a pen name and have the webmaster insert something like, “This post comes courtesy of XYZ at xyz.com”. The bottom line is to make it interesting, or you nobody will want to read your article or go to your site.

I would go for Website name, with some rich keywords

I guess it is still better for traffic than link in the middle of the article - nobody notices that :). Only Google ;).

I would leave it to the preference of the guest blogger. What’s wrong with asking?

Thanks for your input everyone!

I suppose it goes back to whether you want to promote a keyword domain, personal branding, or flagship brand.

Sounds like people can take it in stride, whatever it is. That’s what I was concerned about. Thanks again!

Yes, this is definitely down to the purpose of your guest blogging efforts and the preference of the blogger.

From my experience, as the Internet becomes more authentic, most established blogs prefer to use the real name of a guest blogger and if possible, attach his or her social media profiles to the byline. And the recent authorship feature pushed forward by Google has encouraged more of such efforts.

^ That makes sense, Wayne. I can see the value in putting a face to a name; but is it a necessity do you think?

From a marketing (and analytics) standpoint it also makes sense to use different monikers for different niches. Hm, I wonder.

Real name, real pic and real description. I think these traits are are of paramount importance.

It is not a necessity of course. But as the Internet gets social, real identities add credibility to content.

Guest Blog bylines should be unique,interesting and with proper content. It’s not that much easy that people can understand. I here produce some guidelines that helps you to create bylines of guest blog. 1) creative Self promotion 2) Extended information 3)Describe the Goal 4)Build the real profile.

Not sure you understand what a byline is. A byline is simply who wrote the article and it follows the title. Please be sure you understand the question before you suggest an answer.