Question H2 header override and background

TechnicGeek asked:

Hello Dresden

1. If H2 tag already has its CSS styled, if I want to make a change individually to it, can I override its CSS style by my <font></font> parameters? Like change its size, color and font family?

2. Have a look on this one please:

Can you tell me if it would be possible to create same title but in text and have it in orange background and font family similar to original title in picture?

Thanks!

The font tag is deprecated it. DONT USE IT. It might be better to just add a class to your tag ( or better to see if you can select your tag using some existing classes)…

you can start achieving your effect with something like this:

<style type='text/css'>
@font-face {
  font-family: 'Eurostyle';
  src: url("Eurostyle.otf");
}// this is only an example of how to use web fonts 
.title{  text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 0 1px 2px #777; display:inline-block; padding:.5em 5em; font-family: Eurostyle , sans-serif;}
.orange{ background: orange; }
.title.orange{color:#fff;}

</style>

<h2 class='title orange'>Thermal cams</h2>

IE9 and older wont see the drop shadow, because IE eats glue. But that’s a minor detail
additionally: you will need to have your actual font install in your site , and you will need to use CSS3 web fonts ( this means older browsers wont see your styled fonts , but that really secondary if you pic a good fall back font). That’s the @font rule you see in my code. To learn more about @font go here.

TAKE NOTE we have made the H2 into an inline element, that means if if you need it to be above its SIBLINGS, the NEXT SIBLING MUST be a block element and/or have display:block;

hope that helps