Questions regarding hotlinked images & sub-domains

Hi,

Glad some lf the info was good for you.

Now the site I was talking about does not use a database, it is more informational than a sales site. So exactly how hot linking effects the database I don’t know. Also I have never turned off hot linking as no issues have come from it.

Basically my structure is all my main site layout with 3 directories not associated to main site info. One of the directories has all of the files for the cruise site with it’s own directory structure, this directory contains every file required for the cruise site less things like what goes into the header like the css files, I just change the path to those as they are a shared file rathed than placing in two different locations.

Then there is a directory that contains nothing but images that I link to from the custom facebook html pages.

The last of the odd directories could be a subdomain but users don’t need to know the address, what it is for is I have two computers with custom home pages and special recovery software for visitors to use. That home page and its content reside there.

As for the cruise site I also have it linked to from the main site as well as a usable sub. I have other subs for example one links to a sign up form for our guests to get daily messages of the days activities.

The nice thing about this structure, lets say you want to do a lot of maintence work that could screwup your site for a few minutes like removing old data and adding new. With the seperate structures you could say completely reload one portion without effecting the rest.

I will send an example in pm so I am not promoting the site here.