Quick question from a student

Hi, I’m a graphic design student needs a little bit of help answering some questions for a website I’m building for a project. I would really appreciate some help.

About the project. For this whole semester I have been working for a project to build a website which provides quick tips on how to save energy, water and paper. The main aim of the website is for people to be more eco-friendly, but since we are bombarded with “green” information all the time now, I’m adding a monetary side to it in order to have more adopted.

About the website. The headers and footers are built dynamically using php and all of the JS is done using jquery, and I’m using the 960.gs CSS framework for all the structure.

Here is the site Greenserving - Home (So far I know the logo has to change, I have to add actual copy and change the images on the slider, etc). Now the problem I’m having is the in the TIPS page [URL=“http://s366038693.onlinehome.us/tips.php”]TIPS page. It is not displaying something similar to this [URL=“http://s366038693.onlinehome.us/testing/Untitled-2.html”]this testing page. I have checked firebug but it is not reporting any errors. The page it is supposed to be replace a div called “.tip_container” with data from and XML file which contains all the data on the tips (name,desc,steps, how much money is saved, and data points for the graphs). I know the files are properly linked because that is the only thing firebug spits out when I rename the files.

Here is the tips.js, which is what the testing page uses.

This is the data

and this is how it would look (note: its just a rough sketch of how it would look once the CSS is in place).

Note, i posted this else where too, only because I realized later that is more of a JS issue, sorry

Sorry for the double post, I couldn’t find the edit button.

After further testing I noticed that the problem is that the script is not cycling through the different items, but on the testing page it is…even tho the files are exact duplicates

The tips.js file exists, but it’s not turning up in the developer list of scripts once the page loads, so there must be something about the content of the tips.js file that is not allowing it to be included.

Another issue that’s getting in the way is this part:

<script src="JS/jquery.gchart.js.js" type="text/javascript" language="javascript"></script> 

where jquery.gchart.js.js should be jquery.gchart.js

Since tips.js uses gchart, that looks to be a good place to start correcting things.

After that, you can run tips.js through a simple grammar checker, like the online lint which will show you very obvious problems that should be resolved.

You don’t need to run your code through a much tougher linting process such as jslint.com with “The Good Parts” enabled. That’s only for bad-asses who really care that their code is as clean as it can possibly be.

That online lint should be enough to help you take care of the the most major significant problems.

hey thanks for the response. I was able to fix the error… but now I’ve encountered something that I have not been able to find the answer to or the reason.

here it is, when you click on the title of one of the tips, the background image of the <body> tag starts to repeat.

Any clue anyone?

edit: nvm, seems to be a rendering issue, and the fact that the img isnt big enough. Is there any reason why im encountering this issue? when i minimize it it goes away, other wise it looks like an error…

edit2: seems like a firefox issue