Rackspace and Holhost!

Hi this may sound really basic and dumb of me to ask but Im going to anyway just to be sure.

Ive had loads of problems with the site I am currently building for a client and dont want to make a massive booboo at the last hurdle.

I build sites with html (and a little javascript and css) and always use cuteftp to upload to ‘holhost’.

Now I am having to upload to the clients host ‘rackspace’ and am replacing their old site that was built y someone else using php (which I have no knowledge of whatsoever)

So my question is this, when I log in to the new hosting can i just remove all the old php files and upload all my html documents in the same space? (when I log onto to Holhost I usually click on public_html before uploading the files) but as you can see the screenshot below the rackspace ftp interface doesnt have this option.

Holhost FTP

Clients FTP

thanks for your help guys

When you login to your client Ftp, you are straight going to the public folder.

If you are redeveloping the site, you can put all old files in a folder and then upload your files.
Note that if the client server is a dedicated server you could create a new test site for your developed site, and then when you are ready you can simply switch the DNS to the new site.