Rackspace Cloud Servers - good or bad to use as web hosting?

Anyone have experience with Rackspace? My Dreamweaver site will be large so don’t want to use web hosting, thought Rackspace looked like a good option.

Rackspace cloud servers are ‘web hosting’ that happen to have additional features. If you define what you mean by ‘large’ , and any other requirements for your site, then we might be able to shed more light on whether Rackspace cloud is a good fit.

Large is 490 web pages (currently). Will have visitor uploads of videos (via youtube plugin), comments (via another plugin), games (via links).

hiya,

I’m pretty sure that EC was asking for storage and bandwidth requirements (perhaps, RAM, too). 490 pages is rather small but videos consume a great deal of storage and bandwidth. Please address REQUIREMENTS if you want a good response.

Regards,

DK

I’m new at this, so please don’t be rude.

Hi hiya,

Given that you are new, please answer the following which DK suggests:

1. How much RAM do you esitmate you need? How rapidly with the need for additional RAM occur?
  2. Based on the current growth of your Disk space usage, what amount of storage do you estimate you will need?
  3. How many concurrent users do you have on average?
  4. If this is a WordPress site have you looked at what the recommended server configuration should be? If so, then what did the recommend?