Radio button select forums

I have a paypal form and in part of it, I need the user to select one of two radio buttons in one category and one of two radio buttons in another. Each one has a cost associated with the selection and so I am trying to build up a total cost based on what they select and add the tax giving me a grand total. Here are the functions I have:

function newqty( what )
{
    var price = document.getElementById( what + "_cost" ).innerHTML.replace( "$", "" );
    var qty = document.getElementById( what + "_qty" ).value;
    if( qty == "" ) qty = 0;
    document.getElementById( what + "_ttl" ).value = "$" + (price * qty) + ".00";

recalc();
}

function recalc()
{
    var rs = document.getElementById( "rs_ttl" ).value.replace( "$", "" );
    if( rs == "" ) rs = 0;

var rl = document.getElementById( "rl_ttl" ).value.replace( "$", "" );
    if( rl == "" ) rl = 0;

var ts = document.getElementById( "ts_ttl" ).value.replace( "$", "" );
    if( ts == "" ) ts = 0;

var tl = document.getElementById( "tl_ttl" ).value.replace( "$", "" );
    if( tl == "" ) tl = 0;

<!-- var sp = document.getElementById("shsel").options[ document.getElementById("shsel").selectedIndex ].value; -->
    <!-- document.getElementById("sh_price").value = sp; -->
    <!-- sh = document.getElementById("sh_price").value.replace( "$", "" ); -->

var sttl = parseFloat( rs ) + parseFloat( rl ) + parseFloat( ts ) + parseFloat( tl ); 
    document.getElementById("amount").value = "$" + sttl + ".00";

var hst = parseFloat( sttl * 0.13 );
    document.getElementById( "hst" ).value = price(hst);

var tax = 0;
    if( document.getElementById("province").options[document.getElementById("province").selectedIndex].value == "ON" ) {
        tax = parseFloat( sttl * 0.13 );
        document.getElementById( "tax" ).value = price(tax);
    } else {
        tax = parseFloat( sttl * 0.05 );
        document.getElementById( "tax" ).value = price(tax);
    }

var ttl = sttl + tax;
    document.getElementById("grandtotal").value = price(ttl);
} 

and here is the html + javascript:

I have a list near the top that sets the cost:

<ul>
        <li>Radio: Small Market (pop’n under 200,000): <span id="rs_cost">$50</span></li>
        <li>Radio: Large Market (pop’n over 200,000): <span id="rl_cost">$100</span></li>
        <li>Television: Small Market (pop’n under 400,000): <span id="ts_cost">$100</span></li>
        <li>Television: Large Market (pop’n over 400,000): <span id="tl_cost">$100</span></li>
      </ul>

I then have the following which is part of the code from a form:

<li><div id="radiogroup-left">
                  <label for="radio_market">radio market:</label>

<label><input name="rs_qty" type="hidden" value="" />
                      <input type="radio" name="radio_market" value="under 200,000 persons 12+" onClick="newqty('rs');" />

under 200,000 persons 12+</label>
                    <label>
                      <input type="radio" name="radio_market" value="over 200,000 persons 12+" onblur="newqty('rl');" />
                      over 200,000 persons 12+</label>
                      <input name="rl_qty" type="hidden" value="1" />
                  </div><div id="radiogroup-right">
                  <label for="tv_market">tv market</label>

<label>
                      <input type="radio" name="tv_market" value="under 400,000 persons 12+" onblur="newqty('ts');" />
                      under 400,000 persons 12+</label>
                    <label>
                    <input name="ts_qty" type="hidden" value="1" />
                      <input type="radio" name="tv_market" value="over 400,000 persons 12+" onblur="newqty('tl');" />
                      over 400,000 persons 12+</label>
                      <input name="tl_qty" type="hidden" value="1" />
                      <p class="align-right note">* market size based on BBM</p>
                  </div>
                  <input type="hidden" id="rs_ttl" name="rs_ttl" size="7" maxlength="7" value="">
                  <input type="hidden" id="rl_ttl" name="rl_ttl" size="7" maxlength="7" value="">
                  <input type="hidden" id="ts_ttl" name="ts_ttl" size="7" maxlength="7" value="">
                  <input type="hidden" id="tl_ttl" name="tl_ttl" size="7" maxlength="7" value="">
                </li>
                <li>
                  <table width="450px" border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="1">
                    <tr>
                      <td>Total cost for all entry selections:</td>
                      <td><input size="7" maxlength="7" readonly="true" name="amount" id="amount" value=""/></td>
                    </tr>
                    <tr>
                      <td>HST/GST</td>
                      <td><input size="7" maxlength="7" readonly="true" name="hst" id="hst" value=""/></td>
                    </tr>
                    <tr>
                      <td>Grand Total</td>
                      <td><input size="7" maxlength="7" readonly="true" name="grandtotal" id="grandtotal" value=""/></td>
                    </tr>
                  </table>
                </li>

What I need to have happen is that if the user clicks say on “radio market under 200,000” that the var rs_qty be set to 1 and the function new_qty(what) be called and thus have the “amount” field be updated as well as the hst field and finally also the grand total field. The user can also, in conjunction, make a selection from the television checkboxes and that value also needs to be calculated and added to the total. The other consideration is that if a person selects the wrong checkbox and then selects a different checkbox in that group, we need to adjust the totals as one of the categories ( “radio market under 200,000” ) is a 50.00 fee while the others are 100.00 fees.

I have been stuck on this for a while now and seem to be going in circles. I would sincerely appreciate some help on this.

Cheers

Dave