Reading from MDB files

Hi

I would like to offer support on my site for importing certain data from MDB files that users can upload. They aren’t exactly Access files, but this particular program that users are exporting from generates a Jet database file with a different extension.

I’ve been Googling a lot a only found the PHP MDBTools extension which might have done the trick, but my host doesn’t support that extension.

Does anyone know of any other way of potentially doing this?

Sounds like you are on a shared host. You might still want to entertain the possibility of mdbtools, assuming that you are on Linux.
http://dev.strategystar.net/2011/09/how-to-work-with-microsoft-access-mdb-databases-with-php-on-linux/

MDB Tools lets you export tables from an MDB file in to CSV files, which you can then easily manipulate with PHP.

I have been working on porting a legacy application built in Access. Not sure if this is applicable but you can setup a MySQL ODBC connection in Access and export tables into MySQL or whatever RDBMS you are using. MySQL likely will need be configured to allow remote connections.

Yes I am on a shared host, and they say they can’t load MDBTools on the servers, so I’m not sure if that is going to be a possibility, but I’m going to keep looking around.

@PCSpectra, sounds interesting, but I don’t think that would be applicable.