Recommend CMS/eComm for a job

Hi all, I’ve got a client who wants a basic website setup (meaining a handful of pages, blog abilities, gallery, normal stuff). But they also want to add ecommerce in there. Namely they need to sell appointments, gear rental for the appointments (if needed), and even selling tangible goods.

The website part is fine, Wordpress sounds like a good fit. But because there are 3 different product types to sell, it makes ecommerce more difficult. Rental agreements are different from appointment agreements, different information and policies. Tangible goods need their own policies and tax records and shipping management. People need different sale followup information like about where the appointment is and driving directions, versus a rental where they need information on obtaining and how that process works, perhaps even a rental agreement forms, etc.

I know Woocommerce rather well but I don’t like it and don’t think it can handle this. I’m wondering if some other tools altogether would be a better fit. Should I go with a CMS and fit ecommerce into it? Or go with an ecommerce solution and fit the rest of the website around that?

Obviously free is good because this is not high traffic and is a local business, but it still needs to do what I need it to do! Also we are trying to whip this up quick and cheap and in a way the business can manage it themselves. In other words, they won’t require me to constantly do all the changes.

Thanks for any ideas