Recommend hosting for node site?

Hello,

I currently run a few hobby sites on some php shared hosting, which doesn’t cut the mustard anymore - (certain global settings I cant get access to).

I would like to start playing around with node and setup a few demo sites.

Can anyone recommend a good value host?

Many thanks

Nodejitsu or azure maybe? I just need something basic out the box to mess around with

What are you specifications ?
I can offer you a good deal our website is mrapidhost.com

You pretty much have 2 options:

1. Learn your way around Linux and get a cheap VPS. These can vary in prices, but you can get one for about $5/mo. Digital Ocean can help you by giving you preinstalled software setups and easy management. You don’t really need to be a Linux guru, just a basic understanding is enough.

2. Learn an abstracted PaaS (platform as a service), such as Heroku or similar service. These are kinda like shared hosts in the sense that they do most everything for you. But they can each be entirely different and work differently, they come with their own challenges.

Either one is good. Each one has it’s own learning curve, but learning Linux can transfer to different hosts were as learning one PaaS that knowledge may not transfer to another.

Thanks very much for the replies.

I am currently looking into OpenShift, which seems to have a better free package than Heroku.

I’ll look into all the suggestions though, thanks again.

Hmm… Azure is good option but you need to use their calculator pricing. Don’t get shocked with their price. Other hosting that might cheaper you can just use shared hosting, just take a look at asphostportal.com hosting plan. They also support node.js

Hi
I do not know how my information will be relevant, but still
why not try CDN hosting.
recently I used one free website, but alas, there was a lot of bugs
now I use free trial version of another company. until everything satisfied me. Prices are very good by the way. U can also try suddenly will approach

Post edited by TechnoBear to remove self-promotion

What makes your site great for Node? You don’t actually mention that you support Node, or talk anything about Node. You just sort of self promote your business.

CDN hosting is for static assets only.

Node.js sites are not static assets.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.