Redesigning Website

Hello,

So far i have been building new website for a  while i likely have a client for redesigning website are there any things i would collect from old designer.I am confused.Please help me out.

“Your question also too confusing I am not able make out what is your exact question is??
Still if you are building a new website just collect the keywords and description related to old websites.involve new widgets and format should be same just change the designing,coleect the basic info like about us and all theme should be.try to make user friendly,content should be fresh and new.”

What you want to know ? Clear your question

I meant There is website which is already designed i have a client asking to redesign it what are the neccessary stuffs i must collect from person who designed old website i am new to this redesigning process can i design it separate from scratch purchasing new domain name similar name to old one and hosting which i am comfortable with would it affect old site.

May be you can try do URL redirects.

You can an entirely new version of the site on your computer, or in another place like a sub domain of the old site. The, when it’s ready, you replace one for the other. So the main thing you need is FTP access to the server where the old site resides. If you want new web hosting, you also need access to the domain name (which may be hosted elsewhere) so that you can redirect it to the new host.

Just collect FTP details from old web designer. Redesign your website on your local server and once you redesign it completely then host it on your server, there is no need to host it on other server or buy any new domain.

You can just have them upload the necessary files onto a file host so you can download it at your leisure or just ask for access to their FTP details.

Just a thought, you are new to redesigning websites? you don’t even know where you have to start? I suggest just read some tuts first before taking some clients…

You should create a temporary domain and use it to test your website and show your client.

Get FTP and Cpanel details that enough

Hey bhatpajju13, You question does not show specific problem. Please, explain.

I think you should redesign the site from scratch, just keep the content same; that will be easier for you. Re-designing work is not that difficult, design it freely!!