Remote registration

Hello,

I created a website, that my users can register themselves, login and download my php application. in installer script of my application I want to send some data from their end to my server with curl and my server receives data and assign it to their account on my site. but when my server is receiving data from them, how can my server know which account they belong to, to assign it to the appropriate account?

I was thinking about asking username on installer script that they enter their username, and the username will be sent to my server with other data, so my server will know which account these data belong to, depending on the username. but I am looking for another easier way, without any need to enter the username or such info on installer script.

Is it possible? please advice. any idea? I appreciate it.

Not without being able to customize the download.

Do you mean the download should be unpacked and while downloading, add a file with user data to the application and use the zend component to generate the zip after adding that file on time of downloading?

Pretty much, yeah. The only way your program that you download knows about a user of your website is if someone tells it - you either have to have the user tell it what user has downloaded the app [which is the preferred means], or you need the website to. And the only time the website has a chance to tell the app anything is before it’s downloaded to the user’s PC.

I evaluated spbas some years ago and if I remember correctly, I think on installer, it was asking email/username/password etc. username/password was used to create admin account only, but email was sent to them, if not exists creates an account with random username/password and email them in welcome email to user and also generates a license and assign the license to the recently created account and send it remotely to installation. Again it was too many years ago I’ve ever tried spabs so I may be wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.