Remotely working for companies on a project basis as a freelancer

Hi everyone,

I’m a freelance web developer and designer. I am considering settling in a lower economy country while continuing working as a freelancer for western clients.

I was wondering if there are companies that hire freelancers on a project basis, without asking them to come in their premises? Or is it virtually non-existent?

There are many companies who hire freelancers on project basis and given today’s global environment, I am sure you can get lots of work. But many clients want someone to interact locally, which in this case, you could be the person interacting. Then you pass on the work to virtual freelancers (you can do this on per project basis or have long term contracts). Main thing to understand is you need to keep a tab on amount charged, quality of work and finally see to it that freelancers do not disclose the work done elsewhere, which at times might get you in trouble. A strict non-disclosure agreement needs to be done and also a minimum quality of work. My take is in web development you have nothing like cheap work. What you pay is usually what you get. At times I have had instances of getting work done in US to be billed at cheaper rates than elsewhere. Or sometimes work done in South Asia might be cheaper than elsewhere. I think its more a matter of what kind of project that needs to be done and take a call on project to project basis. There are many freelancing platforms where you could list your project, check freelancers reviews and select a freelancer or a company for providing solutions to the project.

May be I am replying quite late but I think you should make your professional profile on popular sites where employers post jobs and search for deserving candidates. Make sure to make profile mostly on sites that cover jobs in your location.