Remove from Trash

I think you answered your own question - if a concept (Database Restores) is something only a geek would know, it’s not going to be too technical to just use restore.

Or you could use the old standby - undelete - which has been used enough over the years and common enough in the lexicon to make most dictionaries.

Good point. :slight_smile:

Pedaling on my bike this afternoon, I got a fresh idea: after a visitor has hit the Submit button (or the thing in the dropdown), you can give feedback with a (php) confirm message as intermediate:

[INDENT][INDENT]“This PM will be deleted permanently. [OK][Cancel]”
“This PM will be removed from Trash and brought back to your INbox. [OK][Cancel]”
“This PM will be removed from Trash and brought back to your SENTbox. [OK][Cancel]”
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
(or without the “removed from Trash”)

Great idea (again), Francky.

Unfortunately popping up a confirmation message like that would require me to figure out how to re-tool my script so I get that extra layer while making sure control doesn’t leave my single script, and that is more work than I have time for right now.

(All of my scripts submit back to themselves so both Displaying and Processing are done in one place, which is very important for security. I have wondered how to incorporate a final “Here is your last chance…” type messages, but that is way out of scope for my MEGA LATE website!!! Definitely something I want to learn how to do for v3.0, though!) :wink:

So, in the mean time, either you are smart enough to understand what the choices mean - and you don’t make a mistake - or in cases like “Permanently Delete (Message)”, you are screwed if you make a mistake because there is no “undo” button!!!

Life can be tough!!! :wink: :lol: :cool:

Thanks,

Debbie

I have wondered how to incorporate a final “Here is your last chance…” type messages, but that is way out of scope for my MEGA LATE website!!! Definitely something I want to learn how to do for v3.0, though!)

That sort of comfirmation message is useful in the case of permanently deleting the message. But is it really necessary for moving messages from one folder to another? After all, that action is not destructive in any way, and can easily be reversed.

On the other hand, you are definitely correct that it is something you should learn how to do. There are many other situations where a confirmation of some kind is desirable.

Mike

Pick the one that seems most logical to YOU and roll with it.
If people dont get the meaning and struggle with the basic concept of restoring something to it’s original place THEN look at changing it.

I do feel that sometimes you tend to overthink things Debbie. You can’t please everyone all the time and neither can you legislate for the unpredictability of your users.
Get your site online at a basic functioning state and then revise,improve and build upon it. Until then all you have is a pet project sat on your server pleasing you…

Agreed.

Yep, take a number and get in line for v3.0 enhancements!! :smiley:

Debbie

Yep, I totally agree!

Yep, I totally agree!! (But at least people can’t accuse me of not analyzing things…) :lol:

Yep.

Yep yep!

I know, I know.

Working as fast as I can!!

Thanks for the “tough love”!! :blush:

Sincerely,

Debbie