Remove scroll bar

I have a form that needs to be printed. I’ve used CSS and print style sheets to accomplish this. However, I cannot remove the “arrow” on a select tag.

Is it possible to use javascript to do this?

http://mainly-danish.com/ARD3_current.html

Click on a radio button under the sentence, “Indicate the number of Curriculum Areas to be evaluated”, in order to reveal the select tags.

No, the arrow on a select tag cannot be removed.
Knowing that, a way to remove the arrow is by removing the entire select tag.

Is there a way to display the selection, but not the select tag?

i.e. User selects “School Days” Is there a way to print “School Days” and not the select tag?

It might be possible to use a multiple view with a size of 1, no - that seems to show scrollbars on it now.

Perhaps though the people in the CSS forum can help though, they know a lot more about this presentational side of things.

I’ve asked the question there as well.

The coding that removes the scroll bar in textareas does not remove the scroll bar in a <select> tag. therefore, I am looking for other solutions.

Thanks for your replies

An other solution is to have an input field in its place instead. Normally hidden on the page, but updated by a script and shown by the printing style sheet, which would also hide the select element.

That’s the way to do it by removing the select tag entirely from being printed.

Originally checkboxes were used, but to save space the checkboxes were converted to <select>.

Are you saying that I could maintain the select tags and use javascript to insert the information into a text field? (The text field would be hidden on the form but visible on the printed copy)

Yes.

I really appreciate your replies. I would have preferred the solution to be a little less complicated, but alas, everything I’ve worked on for this customer has been complicated.

Thanks!