Removing background in Flash

I need someone to remove a white background in a flash project file. I can’t do it as my Flash Demo expired and there is no wayaround extending it for 30 more days :nono:

Post the fla :wink:

Can I PM you the FLA ?

yeah sure.

Thanks for the fla.

You can’t remove the background from within the flash IDE. What you need to do is set “wmode” to transparent in the embed code of the html page that will hold the swf.

Best way to extend it past the 30 day trial is to buy it. If you are using it for projects and commercial ventures then it is an investment.
Its’s not cheap but if you are doing it commercially then its worth recouping some of the costs by adding a small amount to the next X clients invoices.

All he needs to do is append the embed code in the html page. No need to worry about Flash IDE :slight_smile:

It’s still not working. I’m using SWF Object to drive the Flash File and here is the HTML;

<object classid=“clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000” width=“320” height=“230”>
<param name=“movie” value=“<path>” />
<param name=“wmode” value=“transparent”>
<!–[if !IE]>–>
<object type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” data=“<path>” width=“320” height=“260”>
<!–<![endif]–>
<p>Alternative content</p>
<!–[if !IE]>–>
</object>
<!–<![endif]–>
</object>

Can you post link to the page?

(link)

It does work in IE. I would suggest using a different method for embedding. Have a look at swfObject

I’m using SWFObject.

You may have included the swfobject.js file but I don’t see anywhere on your page where it is being implemented.
http://www.bobbyvandersluis.com/swfobject/generator/index.html

I am only seeing the div. I am not seeing where you register the swfObject.

I got it solved. I had to place the wmode within the IE Condition as well for it to work in chrome,ff etc.

Ah nice one! :slight_smile:

I am happy you felt the need to post your own thoughts after all has been said and done.