Replacing strange characters

Wen I use copy and paste to add certain text to the database I get some strange characters like  and . Is there an easy way to get undo that?

Thank you in advance

Hi James that link is very helpful :slight_smile: I should have a look over there more often. Thanks a lot.

Check cflib.org. Here’s 1 function for removing special characters created by MS Word, etc… They may have more.

You could run a JS function searching for the special characters, you’ll have to look up which ones are which. Or you could just tell the person that all text should be written in NotePad or WordPad.

I know that it comes from those word like programs and there lays my problem. I is for a site for someone else so It is very hard to control how they enter the text for their website. Is there not some kind of function that can replace those kind of characters?

Those typically happen when you go from Word or some other RTF editor to something simple that only uses plain text. Things likes (Not actual character) should be ', so what you do is a find () and replace (') which will take care of everything like that. You may also need to do it for double quotes, and ellipses.