Report Generation In ASP.Net

I have a task to generate a report from an oracle database using ASP.net. I used C# in ASP.net to connect to the Oracle Database and was able to pull out the tables and fields given in my task. How do I now generate a report using the fields from that table? The report is to contain the top 20 records of the database. Please help me solve this task.

the simple place on form datagrid and connection objects and config them…

An overview is a good starting place:

Thanks Jason,

I went through the link you sent me. What I did not see was a tool in ASP.net you can use to generate a report after successfully connecting to the database. Can you help in that direction?

Quick question, what are you outputting /saving it to? PDF, Word, are just an .aspx page? I can help you further from there

Jason,

Thanks again for your prompt response. Actually my boss did not tell which format he want the report in. All he said was that i should a report in ASP.net using any tool am familiar with. But we normally reports are generated in either excel or pdf in my work place.

Regards and hope to hearing from you…

Hi Jason,

Hope you are doing great. I’ve not heard from you in recent time. Can you please update me concerning our previous discussion relating to the task (as you asked above) you are trying to help me with?

Clement.

This sounds like homework.

Select the data and bind it to a control. It’s only a few lines.

I suggest you to use SQL Report reporting service instead of just plain HTML. SQL Reporting service is purely for reporting and it provides all basic reporting features like export to excel,pdf etc.