Retarded question, but can you help me find out how I did this? Lol

A few years ago I made it so on my tools page http://www.visibilityinherit.com/web-design-tools.php when you use the search function in pops up a window on the same page. FYI - it doesn’t look like its a popup but it is I just positioned it pixel perfect in place. You can move the window (top bar) to see it is indeed a popup window.

My question? When I try and add this same search function to the other pages of my site the results open in another window - not the same window as I want. For the life of me I can’t figure out how I did it. Lol. I’ve search high and low. I also see no settings in the search widgets parent site. I realize that may be a bit hard to find, but I’m hoping one of you has some magical debugging app. Thanks.

[font=verdana]It isn’t a popup window but a form of lightbox, albeit one where (a) the lightbox is movable, and (b) the lightbox doesn’t make the rest of the page temporarily inaccessible (I hereby create a new word, inertify). I don’t know if that’s what you meant, but the two are very different – a popup is a new window that will have a separate entry on the taskbar and in Alt+Tab, although with the advent of tabbed browsing it could just as easily be a new tab in an existing browser instance – a lightbox is a layer added to an existing page that allows/requires interaction, but runs within the same browser context (window/tab).

My question? When I try and add this same search function to the other pages of my site the results open in another window - not the same window as I want. For the life of me I can’t figure out how I did it. Lol. I’ve search high and low. I also see no settings in the search widgets parent site. I realize that may be a bit hard to find, but I’m hoping one of you has some magical debugging app. Thanks.

Might be easier if you create a dummy page with this behaviour not working, and then we’ll have a better chance of figuring out where it’s going wrong.[/font]

Will do. I’ll post back once I have it. Thanks.

Here is a stripped down page with only the search http://www.visibilityinherit.com/projects/search.html

[font=verdana]You appear to be missing one vital ingredient:

<script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/search.js"></script>

This is the script that controls the search layer over the main page.[/font]

Could it be that simple? Man I looked at that on three separate occasions. How could I of missed that. Testing on my ipad that seems to be the missing piece. I’ll post back if by chance that’s not it. But it looks to be the ticket. Thanks a lot! I owe your one. :slight_smile: