Robot.txt File

So in other words, you have stolen content from another site to pass off as your own?

[quote=“rajivsinghi, post:8, topic:203889”]
If you will not disallow robots file to index that page then Google can SPAM your website because you copied their content.
[/quote]So you use robots.txt in the hope that you can get away with using another site’s content? Apart from the fact that your stolen content will be of limited value if it’s not indexed, hiding it from Googlebot will not necessarily prevent it being found - and if Google discovers you are using copied content and trying to conceal the fact, your site will, quite rightly, be penalised.

SitePoint forums are a reputable resource, and we do not promote or condone such practices in any way. A quick look around here will find people posting for help, who have assumed they could by-pass Google’s guidelines, and are now desperately looking for help recovering from a penalty. So to anybody who may be thinking about taking this poor advice, I would say - don’t do it; it isn’t worth the risk.

[quote=“rajivsinghi, post:8, topic:203889”]
I am really surprised when somebody does not has knowledge then how can they ask questions on any answers. Robots.txt file has simple work that prevent SPAM but how let me explain…
[/quote]My original confusion was caused by your incorrect use of the word Spam here. Spamming is the sending of unsolicited messages or irrelevant advertising. What you are referring to here is plagiarism - content theft - and the associated Google penalties.

1 Like