Rotating Proxies and Lists

I need to set up a rotating proxy for an application i am building. I have a cURL script that reads a page, but i need to seem like its not being called from the same IP address each time. I would like to have a list of proxies that i can rotate between each call i make.

I have looked at Glype and PHPproxy but both i cannot get to work correctly. Does anybody have any suggestions, script examples or good info web pages they can provide. I would be interested in using Glype or PHPproxy if someone can point me in a good direction to use them correctly. Otherwise anything else would be perfect as well.

Thanks much.

Cesar

It looks like you’re trying to do something unwelcome.
Consider not to build this kind of application.

I’m with Shrapanel on this. Why would you need a rotating proxy to cover your tracks if you were doing something legit?

I am scanning through Craigslist RSS. They have blocked me for using it too often. Why would this be not legit?

http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/faq
http://www.craigslist.org/about/terms.of.use#conduct

Nothing here says anything about RSS. I just think they see my IP a lot and think im doing something bad… IM not! I’m just looking for the best deals first.

Because you’re using it too often?
It’s their feed, their servers, their bandwidth …

Because you are directly violating their terms of use?

Additionally, you agree not to:

u) use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining
tools, or the like to download data from the Service - unless expressly
permitted by craigslist;

as well as

1. ACCESS TO THE SERVICE

craigslist grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to access
the Service for your own personal use. This license does not include:
(a) access to the Service by Posting Agents; or (b) any collection,
aggregation, copying, duplication, display or derivative use of the Service
nor any use of data mining, robots, spiders, or similar data gathering and
extraction tools for any purpose unless expressly permitted by craigslist.

Please stop it. Now.

do they have terms and conditions?

i just posted a link to it which says nothing. If it says nothing that im not doing anything wrong as far as they have posted in the T&C.

Because you’re using it too often???

I am assuming this because its worked for me for along time when i searched daily. I have been searching hourly for a week now and have seen my desired results jump greatly. Now the search wont work at all. I assume im being blocked.

they provide and RSS. WTF is it for if you cant read it?

use automated means

Isnt an RSS reader just that?

That is permitted by them in their terms of use

it’s worth a read.

@cesar
Heh, that was a quick round of posting, I edited when I saw your second post.

You don’t have a natural right to access craigslist. If they want to block you they can. If you believe they are blocking you for an inadequate reason, you can probably take it up with them, and perhaps find out how not to get blocked.

Or you can just ignore their rules … probably won’t get alot of help here though :stuck_out_tongue:

Or you can just ignore their rules … probably won’t get alot of help here though :stuck_out_tongue:

i plan to… i wont ask here again here.

Moderator go ahead and pull this thread.

Is there perhaps some way in which we can help the OP to use RSS to meet his needs?

So you plan to ignore Craigslist rules and carry on attempting to make your RSS reader/mine look authentic by appearing to be many different people by switching IP address…

Good luck with that and the resulting concequences.

Paul - no.
and no, this thread wont be being pulled.

Key phrase here “I assume I am being blocked”, key intent of thread “Those @#$ can’t block me!”

Help away …

So you plan to ignore Craigslist rules and carry on attempting to make your RSS reader/mine look authentic by appearing to be many different people by switching IP address…

anonymous domain reg, anonymous hosting, anonymous private proxies should do the trick.

NOw i will be a good sitepointer and never ask a less than squeaky clean question again.