Russian in HTML

Hello,
My name is david and i’m trying to get some problem solved.
I’ve found this forum through google search and found this post:

http://webdeveloper.internet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261347

For some reason I couldnt make it work for me (and couldn’t post in the older post).

Please help me to sort this out:
I use WinSCP as my FTP client and building HTML.
I’ve downloaded some free template to work on so half of it is in javascript and css…

I’ve already solved the problem of not being possible to type russian letters in the editor by changing it to UTF-8 itself but now when I go to the website to see the results its just blank … and in the editor … i mean like index.html everything seems right :confused: :frowning:

I’ve used template from templatemonster (if anyone wanna take a look)
http://downloads.templatemonster.com/samples/free_free-website-template-jquery-slider_47rro7rxa6xxknmo.zip

Edit: I use notepad++ as the main editor but everytime I close the program and open it, it changes the Encoding to ANSI (and not UTF-8 like i set it), therefore even what is in russian is getting messed up :(.
It seems to do the same in swedish ! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I had made it work 1 time but it got kinda messed up with the slidershow so i deleted it (so stupid of me!! :(:frowning: )

Please help me with this problem…
Thanks in advance,
David.

Hi davidyel. Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

when I go to the website to see the results its just blank

Are you able to provide a link to the site?

Hey, thanks!

Here are some links,
It’s www.horsetrotters.com
For the russian (bugged version of it im trying to make it would be www.horsetrotters.com/indexru.html)
Please notice “our news”
the subtitle under the logo in the top of the page.

notice a strange thing that in the pharagraph under “our mission” its working fine :confused:
Its really annoying as i’m sitting here for more than 8 hours on it trying to figure it out.

It seems to be a problem with cufon rather than anything else. Personally, I wouldn’t use Cufon any more, as it’s outdated and there are much better options, like web fonts.

Do you think that it would take long time of work? - I mean isn’t there a solution to the cufon?
please give me some more info or something so I can work on it :]
thanks

Hmm, sorry for double post it seems that I can’t edit my previous post…
Anyway, I’ve found some stuff that might help me with the cufon,
should I generate a new cufon with option to include Cyrillic and russian ? would that help?

I suppose so, but I don’t know about Cufon. I think it’s outdated unk, so I recommend you dump it and use web fonts instead, which are much cleaner, simpler and more reliable. But it’s up to you. :slight_smile:

Ok thanks :]

NVM.
You can close this thread now…

Which font are you using? I recommend using FontSquirrel fonts, if it is available there. It looks like you now have Cufon working on the Russian page.

Hey,
I’ve downloaded the open sans that was used in my web and remade them in cufon and it works like a magic :] thank you so much you helped me alot!