Same content publishing on different sites is good practice for ranking in Google?

Hello folks,

I have a question that “same content publishing on different sites is good practice for ranking in Google”.
If content published on website and the same content publishing on article directory retaining the original website link is good practice for SEO / Google Ranking? it is count as duplicate content?

Please give your valuable suggestions / reference link.

Thanks in Advance

[FONT=verdana]No, it’s not good practice. And yes, it will count as duplicate content. It won’t necessarily hurt your rankings, but it’s unlikely to improve them.

If the article is interesting enough to gain incoming links, then you risk those links being spread between the main article and the directory, to the detriment of both. Also, if a searcher finds the article in the directory, there is no incentive for them to visit your main site.

If you’ve already submitted the article in question to an article directory, then don’t worry about it. If not, don’t go out of your way to do so.

Mike[/FONT]

Its not good practice and and if you are submitting an artcle, do not post same comtent on diffrent sites.

You can post your articles on other sites. But if you create an unique article , then why don’t you post your content on your site alone? (I prefer to modify it a bit and post it on article directories.)

The following is in Google help section:

Syndicate carefully: If you syndicate your content on other sites, Google will always show the version we think is most appropriate for users in each given search, which may or may not be the version you’d prefer. However, it is helpful to ensure that each site on which your content is syndicated includes a link back to your original article. You can also ask those who use your syndicated material to use the noindex meta tag to prevent search engines from indexing their version of the content.

Check here, you will get your answer.

I don’t think it is. Some people say that Google doesn’t penalize sites for having duplicate content but it’s still not a good practice to have a single article posted in many different sites. It’s not good at all.

Try spinning which is the best second option after unique content.

Please delete other published article and remain only one. Its better for your article promotion.

According my experience, if the content is your original, it is okay to post on around 5 different sites. Because the search engine judge the original content adding to the whole page information. So some of them can be indexed even though they are the same article. But I don’t know how the spider distinguish reprint and copy exactly.

[FONT=verdana]

It doesn’t distinguish between reprints and the copies. That’s the whole point. If an article is duplicated, all the copies will be competing with each other for the search engines’ attention. They won’t be penalised, but they won’t be doing themselves any good either.

It’s possible to tell the search engines which is the “real” version of the article, by using the rel=“canonical” tag, but that’s not really appropriate in this situation. It’s better to avoid the duplication in the first place. For more information on the reasons for that, see For the last *#$%!ng time, there is no ‘duplicate content’ penalty.

Mike
[/FONT]

No it is bad practice ,your website may get ban because your content will be treated as duplicate content,More over it is black hat technique too best practice is to submit one unique article in single website for link building.

Myself also confused in article submission…I referred many forum sites…Atlast i got result as duplicate…we shouldnt use a single unique content in different websites… Otherwise we will face panda update…

offcourse not brother…
google dont like duplicate or spun content at all.
make TIER of original articles to build backlinks and give a blast of SPUN articles to tier 1 link to make them more powerful

I’d suggest you create 1 unique article every day and submit it to as many article directories as you can. There are services like distributeyourarticles to do this, or software like Brad Callen’s free/platinum version. Just make sure your article is quality don’t write keyword stuff crap, write something useful/helpful to read.

:slight_smile:

sorry to say this its very unfair as per seo standards. As per SEO content is the king…

yes off course!!! Google will count it as a duplicate content and there are chances of your site getting penalised. Use the unique content any where you promote your site as this can give you some weight age to your site and a good practice in seo too.

<snip>

This is always a bad practice to follow. It creates duplication of content on the web and also getting ‘n’ number of links with the same anchor text is spam and hurts the rankings of a website in search, the search traffic automatically drops down and the site may even have to incur manual or algorithmic search engine penalty.

Thanks to all who contributed. As the OP has never returned, I’m closing this thread.