Same Page Results from Search, in which results will be Submitted w/ a Checkout Form

I’m looking to do something very specific, so I’m hoping someone can help me at least get me started in the right direction.
The objective:
When a user is “checking out” during an eCommerce transaction, they need to be able to select an organization that a portion/percentage of their sale will be contributed to as a donation. I’m looking for a search option in the checkout process that will narrow down a large list of organizations (based on City, Country, Organization Name etc) and display the results on the same page.

The last part of the entire process will be that the results will appear with a selectable radio button (or something that will function in a similar manner) that will then post that information and send it along with the rest of the order and checkout information.

I have searched on the forums for awhile, and have found that I’m gonna need a combo of PHP, MYSQL and jquery or Ajax or Javascript. I’ve done very basic search/results with PHP and MySQL and very basic form handling, but don’t have the knowledge on how to do this!

I don’t know if this type of search/results combo has a name or description, but I’ve been unable to even find an example of what I’m looking for.

I have found only an example of the search/results display, without the adding to the form. https://membership.usarugby.org/showReports.aspx

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Even if it’s a book to read or even a different way of handling this project.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Eli0086 (Liz)

Maybe if I ask a few questions it will help bring out some more facts.

Do you then maintain and control a database of candidate organisations, and are these geo-referenced in any way?

Are you only offering this in the US is it world wide?

The example you linked to (rugby exists in the US, did not know that!) show examples of “filtering”, but the second part of your spec suggests searching:

checkout process that will narrow down a large list of organizations (based on City, Country, Organization Name etc) and display the results on the same page.

(my highlighting).

If only 1 selection is permitted then, yes, a radio button would be pertinent, but it could also be a GET induced submission as in a single link being clicked.

<a href="?id=23">Org One</a>
<a href="?id=99">Org Two</a>