SBS 2011 - Folder redirection fail even with full permissions

Yes I have tried the Microsoft forum :slight_smile: but had no reply so I thought why not give Sitepoint a go.

The following is from the events log on the client machine:

Failed to apply policy and redirect folder “Desktop” to “\pcsfp02\home$\d.lowe\Desktop”.

Redirection options=0x1211

The following error occurred: "Can not create folder “\pcsfp02\home$\d.lowe\Desktop”

The user d.lowe can however browse to \pcsfp02\home$\d.lowe\Desktop with no problem.

Further in absolute frustration and granted the EVERYONE group to full access at both share and permissions levels.

I get a similar error for Documents & Favorites i.e. the other folders that I am redirecting (or trying to redirect)

I can’t work out what I am missing.

Think I finally found the answer on Microsoft’s site :smile:

Do one of the following:
Enable both “Grant the user exclusive rights to Documents” and “Also apply redirection policy to Windows 2000, Windows 200 Server, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 operating systems”. When both are enabled then the Synchronization Partnership is successfully created and documents are synchronized between the local profile and the home directory.
– OR –
Disable both “Grant the user exclusive rights to Documents” and “Also apply redirection policy to Windows 2000, Windows 200 Server, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 operating systems”. When both are disabled then the Synchronization Partnership is successfully created and documents are synchronized between the local profile and the home directory.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.