Scrape for online or offline status

Hi

i would like to scrape some info from a page only the status if it’s online or offline.

it has the following code

<span title="Online

that i would like to check.

so if the Online is found i want to show a page and if the page is offline it shows a message.

what would the best way to do this

found something now

<?php   
    // Defining the basic cURL function
    function curl($url) {
        // Assigning cURL options to an array
        $options = Array(
            CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => TRUE,  // Setting cURL's option to return the webpage data
            CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION => TRUE,  // Setting cURL to follow 'location' HTTP headers
            CURLOPT_AUTOREFERER => TRUE, // Automatically set the referer where following 'location' HTTP headers
            CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT => 120,   // Setting the amount of time (in seconds) before the request times out
            CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => 120,  // Setting the maximum amount of time for cURL to execute queries
            CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS => 10, // Setting the maximum number of redirections to follow
            CURLOPT_USERAGENT => "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1a2pre) Gecko/2008073000 Shredder/3.0a2pre ThunderBrowse/3.2.1.8",  // Setting the useragent
            CURLOPT_URL => $url, // Setting cURL's URL option with the $url variable passed into the function
        );

$ch = curl_init();  // Initialising cURL 
        curl_setopt_array($ch, $options);   // Setting cURL's options using the previously assigned array data in $options
        $data = curl_exec($ch); // Executing the cURL request and assigning the returned data to the $data variable
        curl_close($ch);    // Closing cURL 
        return $data;   // Returning the data from the function 
    }

// Defining the basic scraping function
    function scrape_between($data, $start, $end){
        $data = stristr($data, $start); // Stripping all data from before $start
        $data = substr($data, strlen($start));  // Stripping $start
        $stop = stripos($data, $end);   // Getting the position of the $end of the data to scrape
        $data = substr($data, 0, $stop);    // Stripping all data from after and including the $end of the data to scrape
        return $data;   // Returning the scraped data from the function
    }

$scraped_page = curl("http://thewebpage");    // Downloading IMDB home page to variable $scraped_page
    $scraped_data = scrape_between($scraped_page, "<title>", "</title>");   // Scraping downloaded dara in $scraped_page for content between <title> and </title> tags

echo $scraped_data; // Echoing $scraped data, should show "The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)"

just gotta try sort the tags out properly :slight_smile: