Search Engine Query

So i changed my title tag content and added more words instead of having just ‘IOG Products’ on my title tag I have <title>IOG Products - Impact Indicators, Impact Recorders, Temperature Recorders, Tilt Indicators</title> but when I search the company in search engine query all I get is the company not the extra snippets. I want it all to show…

Perhaps these links will be helpful.

Nothing is guarenteed; it’s ultimately up to Google and its algorithm.

I see thanks.

if your title looks spammy by being too long google might decide to take a more relevant title or meta description from your page. usually 50-60 characters

so my title is too long? I did like this - <title>IOG Products - Impact Indicators, Impact Recorders, Temperature Recorders, Tilt Indicators</title>

You might find this helpful for advice on creating good titles and descriptions:

well ive actually looked in Google’s SEO starter guide…thats where I got my idea for my title…

1 Like

But you also need to consider your audience. You don’t develop for Google (even if you take it into consideration for your equation) but for human beings :wink:

2 Likes

That’s an important - and often overlooked - consideration. However, one of the things that I like about Google’s starter guide that @csosa refers to is that it does remind you to think of your users, as well as the search engines.

1 Like

But the starter talks about in perspective of the audience…in how to use title tags and meta tags.

It also tells you to avoid keyword stuffing and that’s the way your TITLE reads, in my opinion

Yeah maybe I put too much but the it actually gives the example of this title tag "<title>Brandon's Baseball Cards - Buy Cards, Baseball News, Card Prices</title>…it doesnt talk about stuffing…I have it right infront of me.

It is only my opinion, of course. But for me, that title is keyword stuffing…

Brandon’s Baseball Cards - 1st keyword
Buy Cards - 2nd Keyword
Baseball News - 3rd keyword
Card Prices - 4th Keyword

Agreed. “stuffing” doesn’t necessarily mean “lots”.
Because the title isn’t a real title of the page, but only keywords, that’s keyword stuffing.

So I guess Google is wrong.

Again, take it as an opinion not as something set on stone :wink:

But if you look to the example they put under the area “Avoid repeated or boilerplate titles” point, where they show you what you shouldn’t do, their example is so similar to your title

ok thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.