Seeing Body.gif Repeated at Bottom of Page

Hello all, Paul O’B, ronpat, and ralph. Another worldreviewgroup.com question.

At the bottom of the #middle div at line 398, there is an h3 with an i.d. of #copytagatbottom. It is displaying the repeated graphics of body.jpg at the bottom of the page, and it doesn’t look right.

Attempted, I tried to alter the footer.jpg to no-repeat and I tried to set #copytagatbottom to background:none;, but I haven’t figured it out yet. :badpc:

That actually looks like it might be a submittal response form pop-up that is being displayed?

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas]<div id="submitstatus">    	<h3>&nbsp;</h3>    	<p>&nbsp;</p>    </div>[/FONT][/COLOR]

All you would need to do is place a display:none on your #submitstatus css entry, then change it back to display:block on the form submission using a little bit of javascript…

Hi, Dave Maxwell, and thanks for your reply.
That <div> is set to display:none; at the beginning, along with #submissionform. It still looks goofy at the bottom for some reason still.

Maybe it has to do with the .fadeOut() effect I use on #submitstatus and #blackoverlay.

No it’s not…it’s commented out.

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas]#submitstatus{[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas]	[COLOR=#C80000]background[/COLOR]:[COLOR=#07909A]url[/COLOR]([COLOR=#07909A]"successorfailure.gif"[/COLOR]);[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas]	[COLOR=#C80000]width[/COLOR]:[COLOR=#3200FF]450px[/COLOR];[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas]	[COLOR=#C80000]height[/COLOR]:[COLOR=#3200FF]100px[/COLOR];[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas]	[COLOR=#C80000]position[/COLOR]:[COLOR=#07909A]absolute[/COLOR];[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas]	[COLOR=#007400]/*display:none;*/[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas]	[COLOR=#C80000]bottom[/COLOR]:[COLOR=#3200FF]40px[/COLOR];[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas]	[COLOR=#C80000]left[/COLOR]:[COLOR=#3200FF]54px[/COLOR];[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas]	[COLOR=#C80000]z-index[/COLOR]:[COLOR=#3200FF]2[/COLOR];[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas]}[/FONT][/COLOR]

I uploaded the new one with the comment removed.

You’re site must cache heavily then, because I still see it commented out…

Just tried to upload again.

I still see the repeated graphics at the bottom on my local server.

The display:none; is there now live. No change.

[FONT=Verdana]Hi etidd,

On the HTML page, beginning at line 397, move the close </div> tag:

<!-- end footer div -->
    <h3 id="copytagatbottom">&copy;WorldReviewGroup.com<br />
      Updated Mar 14, 2013</h3>
  [color=red]</div>[/color]
  <!-- end middle div --> 

TO:

<!-- end footer div -->
  [color=blue]</div>[/color]
    <h3 id="copytagatbottom">&copy;WorldReviewGroup.com<br />
      Updated Mar 14, 2013</h3>
  <!-- end middle div --> 

[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Distantly related…

Just above the previous code starting at line 387, you need to move another close </div> tag:

<input type="reset" value="Cancel" class="formsubmitbutton" id="cancel"/>
        </form>
      [color=red]</div>[/color]
    </div>
    <div id="submitstatus">

TO:

<input type="reset" value="Cancel" class="formsubmitbutton" id="cancel"/>
      [color=blue]</div>[/color]
        </form>
    </div>
    <div id="submitstatus">

[/FONT]

Okay, Ronpat, I made that close </div> tag there now, but I still see the repeating graphics at the bottom.

etidd, buddy,

You made the second change but not the first :slight_smile:

Please see message number 8.

Yes, thank you, Ronpat the Cat. Case closed. :deer: