Select query in mysql

I want to select total comments posted on post. Somehow I am able to do it but the problem is that the total comment will show under each post even if there is no comment on the post.

Problem: Not able to get the comment related to post.

What I want :

To select total comment related to each post.

What I try :

SELECT SUM(total_comment) AS comment 
    FROM   user_comment 
           INNER JOIN post 
                   ON user_comment.image_id = post.id 
    WHERE  status = 0 
  SELECT SUM(total_comment) AS comment 
    FROM   user_comment 
    WHERE  status = 0

Both the queries return all (total) comment on all posts but I want only show comment related to specific post.

My post table

My Comment table

Result look like
enter image description here

OR

enter image description here

But i want like

OR

[quote=“msz900, post:1, topic:107114”]
What I want :

To select total comment related to each post.[/quote]

what you need to do is define a foreign key in the comment table, which will contain the post id of the post that each comment is related to

please provide a code example.

sure, no problem

CREATE TABLE users ( id INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT , username VARCHAR(37) NOT NULL , profile_picture VARCHAR(99) ); CREATE TABLE images ( id INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT , image_name VARCHAR(99) NOT NULL ); CREATE TABLE comments ( id INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT , user_id INTEGER NOT NULL , FOREIGN KEY ( user_id ) REFERENCES users ( id ) , image_id INTEGER , FOREIGN KEY ( image_id ) REFERENCES images ( id ) , COMMENT TEXT NOT NULL , on_time DATETIME NOT NULL , status TINYINT NOT NULL );

this is the descriptive like of my question, please read the question and the update section… i will also show the result and some code…

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27406086/select-query-in-mysql

sorry, that makes it a lot harder for me to understand what’s going on

it seems like the people replying on stackoverflow don’t understand what you’re doing either

yes, that’s the reason i post all of my index.php code where i am doing all the things…
I just want to show number of comments under each post. but the result are not what i want some time it returns comment 3 under each post even there is no comment on the post.

did you implement the foreign key as i suggested?

not working

it would if you did it right

but since you didn’t show anything, we cannot help any further

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.