Selecting products which are latest and with price sort

Hi,

I am trying to fetch 12 products which are latest and sorting them for price. However not able to get the results i needed.

Here is the SQL query.

select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by products_price asc, p.products_date_added desc limit 12

if i put only order by price then it gives some other products and if i put by date it gives some other products. However i want to get the products which are lastest and among them by sorting with price (min to max) OR (max to min)

How can i achieve this please ?

Thanks

use this –

ORDER BY p.products_date_added DESC LIMIT 12

retrieve the 12 rows, and sort them in an array in your application language (php or whatever you’re using)

so there is no way to have both with one sql query ?

you can try this …

SELECT * FROM (
select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit 12) AS your_original_query
ORDER BY products_price ASC

but using LIMIT in a subquery doesn’t work in any other database besides mysql and even then, not in every mysql version, although if you’re on version 5 you should be okay