Selling Books / eBooks online

Hello,

A client asked me to add the facility to sell Books and eBooks through his personal website (which made and maintains himself).

I’ve never done such thing before and the first thing that came to my mind is to tell him that he should probably use Amazon or a similar service. He insisted that he wants to sell directly from his own site (which looks like it was made in the 90s).

So what would be the best low cost solution for something like this?

Thanks

You can just add a PayPal button, which is quick and easy. Then he can post or email the book, depending on format. There are tools that can allow the user to download the ebook immediately. These can either mix with PayPal, or you could use a whole range of other services for selling digital goods, like eJunkie or FastSprint. Other carts like FoxyCart mean he can sell both. Many, many, many options for selling online.

Fastspring. I see my spellcheck tried to inject sprint too. Fastsprint looks good as there is no monthly fee as far as I can tell. Just a percentage of sale

FastSpring is also nice because it puts funds into a regular bank account, rather than an expensive merchant account. Be aware, though, that you can only sell digital goods with it, so you’d need another option for the physical books, which is a bit of a dealbreaker. There are many carts that allow for any kind of product.

Make another page where it sells it’s book.
I have a site that sells one of my books. But I’m not your client. So if the client want’s to sell it on it’s site and pays money for this … I think you should take the money.

The best way is to sell them like ebay but you can try video marketing that might work as well.