Semantic Markup with Foundation 5 and Sass

For a single person perhaps. However, when many hands are touching a project it is better to have some type of framework in place so that there can be some level of enforcing continuity and less of a dependence on a single individual. Not to mention many frameworks come with documentation and I can’t remember the last time I saw any documentation from a front-end developer. Furthermore, I would argue that if you haven’t found many bugs with your custom code that you haven’t been looking hard enough. Many of the popular open source solutions while not perfect are constantly being put to the test thus finding bugs, edge cases consequently fixes for things that would probably be overlooked by a single person working in isolation. I would also argue against myself to the fact that is far more important with server-side code than it is with front-end, css but I still definitely believe css frameworks provide the same general advantages as server-side ones. Like I said in a previous post on an unrelated topic I think those people who don’t like to use frameworks are merely to afraid to try something new as they are stuck in their old ways and stubborn. It is easy to write your own CSS by hand it is much more difficult to use other peoples code knowing enough about it to bend it to your will when the need calls for it. For these reasons I think using a framework so long as you’re not just using it as a crutch makes you more a professional and expert than those who neglect these technologies.

1 Like