Semantic UI 1.2: A New Version with Lots of New Features

I might be the only one in this world, but I have zero usage for any of these frameworks. To me, they always seem like the missing stuff to PSD UI kits, but nothing more - The only thing I would use these for, is maybe a contact form.

I’d really like to know, what other professionals use things like bootstrap or semantic for. I can kind of see the usage for people who don’t have the time or the budget for getting their own website crafted, but beyond that…?

If I think of my own everyday work, which is designing and programming webapps, landing pages and bigger content-driven websites, then I can’t remember any situation where I might have needed such a framework.

Besides, so many of these things are based on javascript components, that it might actually be hard for me to even sell it to my clients - what am I supposed to tell them when they ask about SEO? Isn’t it a big problem, when the crawler actually sees nothing, because it can’t interpret javascript enough to see your content? Or is that not the case?

Using one of these frameworks would probably mean configurating it to an extend, where It would have been less time consuming creating it from scratch - but I don’t know, maybe I am just overseeing something obvious. Maybe someone can enlighten me :smiley:

1 Like