Send form data by email

Hi, I have a site under construction. It is not on line yet and I don’t have a domain name yet.
I test it with IIS 7 and works fine. Now I need a form to collect information from visitors.
The information should be sent to me by email.I looked at various solutions on line.Usually
searching various sites I’ve seen that you have 3 files.One is the actual form.One is a php script
and finally an html thanks page.I did all that and put the folder(name Test)containing the 3 files
in the inetpub/wwwroot folder.I launch my browser IE9, fill the form with data and nothing, it
does not work.I have changed the address on the php file with my own email address <snip>.
I read somewhere that this does not work with yahoo mail or hotmail, so I tried with my ISP
mail <snip>.Nothing to do. Can anyone help me before I go nuts?Thanks a lot.

Hi,
To send form data to an e-mail address with PHP, you need to have instaled a mail server, configured to work with php.
PHP sends data to the mail server, that sends data to e-mail address.
Or, you can use a public SMTP server, for example from GMail, and the phpMailer class. You just need a GMail account, which is free. Then, check on the net for phpmailer.

Hi carlo2837. Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

Yes, it’s not so easy to send mail from a form on your local machine. Here is another thread at the moment on the same topic:

Thank you very much I appreciate it, I’ll try it, hope I can do it.Shouldn’t my Alice mail which is MTP work? Problem is don’t have much support with them so I’ll follow your advice.Thanks again.Carlo