Sending Credit Card/SSN through email... bad idea?

Well its true that Sending Credit Card/SSN through email is a bad idea, as we can’t say that our information is safe there. I don’t thinks so that mailing our all data information to an known site is good or ok inspite this there would be sure some problems come to us.

If you can find no other alternative, you could compress the information to get into a binary format, then base64 encode the compressed information and include it in the email as an attached image.

That should slip throught he cracks of any skimmers out there.

Skimmers will take the time to decrpyt an intercepted email if they believe there’s goodies inside it, but something that looks like a corrupted image isn’t worth messing with unless they know to look for it.

We were working on some VirtueMart-powered shop recently and what I noticed about credit card processing is that it stores part of CC number in database and sends the other part through e-mail to admin/business owner. This way only the person who has access to both web site admin/DB and e-mail can recreate the full CC number. At least that’s a rationale that (AFAIK) is considered compliant to current US regulations.

Security by obscurity? I don’t think so; especially when it comes to data as sensitive as CC numbers.

You could just downright encrypt it if you really want to send it.

yea big no,for that idea ,that will lead many cyber criminals targeting your site to hack,the hacker now ,can snoop important data inside your data base,be careful dont lead your way doing that ,security wont help you free from the attack and please consider DDOS secure attack to save your way to take confidentials informations from your clients

If you can find no other alternative, you could compress the information to get into a binary format, then base64 encode the compressed information and include it in the email as an attached image.

Such a very bad thing to do.

merchantaccountsllc dot com