Sending multiple emails to the same address will be spam?

My website allows people to email interesting articles to their friends. One thing I’ve seen in the database is that sometimes people will send several, sometimes as many as ten articles to their friend. These get stored in the database and are emailed out using a cron job. I’m wondering, however, how the receiving ISP feels when support@example.com sends ten emails addressed to one individual. Will they likely blacklist my IP address because they see that as spam? If so, then I need to change how my website works, allowing people to send multiple articles in a single email that gets sent to a friend.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Sending an email is not spam, but it can be if you ignore these points:

1. You have to be concern that the person to which you are sending mails are agreeing to receive your e-mails, for this we majorly see, that before activating any subscription, the site asked to verify e-mail address, it is 1 type of agreement.
  2. And if people don’t want to receive your mail and are disturbed with your practice, they can report you or your mail, and you hvae been blocked and not able to send any more emails to that user.
  3. For to overcome from the issues like this, provide an un-subscription link in your email, that if people don’t want to involve they simply can log out from this, and you also have a fair explanation for the email-marketing that you are performing.

Hope this will help you…

Hi softqubetechno - welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

I think you’ve misunderstood busboy’s problem. He isn’t sending marketing e-mails. In fact, he isn’t sending e-mails at all. He’s providing a facility for his users to e-mail their friends with articles they think will interest them. I often share a link with a friend, when I find something I know will interest them, and I’m sure other folk do, too. That’s not Spamming, and neither is the situation which busboy describes.

Ya may be i misunderstood the question, thanks for making me aware of it. :slight_smile:

It wont be considered spam if there is a delay between the e-mails, and its not e-mail bombing, like with an automated script. Sending multiple articles would be a nice feature in theory, because people share as they read, one by one.

That’s the problem, there is likely no delay in the emails. For as the users sends them to a friend, they accumulate in the database, and are sent out in batch jobs when the cron runs. So if a user decides to send 5 articles to a friend, which commonly happens, all 5 are sent out at once to the recipient.