SEO for a six month WordPress blog

Hi there! I launched six months ago a web design related blog. I have more than 40 posts but I still have less than 5 daily visitors from organic search. It’s true that my post are shorter (400-600 words) and I didn’t invest in link building, but I am very dissapointed. Is it normal or Google don’t like me?? :fearful:
Regarding the quality of the post…well, I shared the post via Facebook groups and I received a lot of shares and likes.
Many thanks for everyone!

Hi Alex, First of all, do not get hopeless bro. It happens many a times when we do not get traffic from search engines. It does not a big deal. My advice to increase organic traffic is as follows:

Use Long Tail keywords.
Write in depth article as much as possible.
Use keywords in URL.
Make sure title has keywords in starting
place keywords at the first few lines of the content
After publishing, do blog commenting, submit url at different places.
UseRedit it an awesome source of traffic. utilize it.

If you need any kind of help, ping me here dude…It’s a journey bro…

Hi, thanks for your valuable ideas. I will try to follow your tips and I will let you know how the website evolved. Thanks once again!

My pleasure bro…

first of all check that you don’t have choose high competitive keywords for your site if you then do keyword research again and put instead of these long tail keyword which will give boost to your traffic,see your meta description and other on-page techniques.you said that i am not investing on building on backlinks then do it your self because if you want to rank your keyword and need of organic traffic the you should have to made dofollow backlinks for that keywords.Make your site responsive,don’t use flash and high quality images,do social sharing,forum posting,social bookmarking,blog commenting to get high traffic for your site

hi, thanks for your ideas.Do you have any idea about a tool to help me in chosing the best long tail keywords?

yes of course @Alexandru_Daniel here is some tools to which will help you to choose your long tail keywords
WordTracker
UberSuggest
Long Tail Pro
wordstream

thanks a lot! :smile:

1 Like

You must invest your time on other social media like Twitter, Pinterest. Try to interact with others. Use platforms like quora, Reddit.

I’m not sure how that helps @Alexandru_Daniel improve his organic search results? His posts are already being well-received on Facebook, but that isn’t the issue here. The issue is the low traffic coming from Google search.

Hi Mike! Thanks for following this topic. I already applied all these ideas and the results were OK. LinkedIn and Stumble Upon bring good traffic. The main problem is related to organic traffic. I use to post 500-700 words articles and I think that it might be a serios reason why google still don’t love my website!

Hi, yes my big problem is related to organic traffic. I use BuzSumo to test the success on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest and I am pretty Ok with the results.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.