SEO Science or Art?

SEO can’t be science because it is pretty hard to understand google and its algorithm. But the link building for can be called as as art.

I disagree. We know there are rules there to understand, we just need to keep working on figuring out what they are. Just like real science. We don’t say particle physics can’t be a science just because it’s a bit difficult to understand!

Not true.

Think how much we already know and how we found it out. SEO isn’t hard to understand, it’s just hard to do well.

Hi Allison. I agree with your post SEO is both Art and Science.
Science because systematic knowledge of physical world obtain via observation and experimentation.
Art because In SEO use skill and creative imagination. SEO is thinking of how a marketing program can link building, content generation, and PR to get a common goal.

i think that seo is science as well as ats…it is science as we have to no the techniques and procedures and technical knowledge to do seo…and it is also arts as we have to design or art the whole website in a manner so thet it can attract web followers.

SEO is both science and art. It is an art when you have to be creative and imaginative when designing your website. It becomes a science when you have to know the nuances of integration of e-commerce tools on to your website. Whether art or science SEO has to be understood carefully with a view to get benefited by it in the course of time.