SEO & Site Updates

I understand you should look to update your site as much as possible or at least 2 to 3 times a week.

Would it matter if these updates to new pages occurred on the same day or should they be spread across the week?

Thanks

You should update your site when you have new content to update it with. Making spurious updates so that Google thinks there’s something new is unlikely to fool anyone, and is just creating a rod for your own back that isn’t likely to gain you any significant advantages. Trying to time your updates to second-guess what pattern of updating Google thinks is best is a complete waste of time.

That REALLY didn’t answer the question!!!

I have content, the hard part is creating this constant flow of content as I have many many things to do and on my plate…

SO

I want to limit that e.g If I can just spend one day adding 2 or 3 pages that’s what I want to do. I am not just randomly putting up crap to create updates in google.

If google sees 2 new pages on one day the same as 2 new pages over 2 days. I want to do it on one day instead of the twice a week I am. It can eat into my routine

Now. Any chance you can answer the question without a lecture. Put yourself in my shoes and tell me what you would do…

When you ask a question you’re going to get the advice people feel is pertinent. If that’s not quite what you’re looking for in an answer, by all means, reply back with more details but if this isn’t a yes/no field and there’s often far more useful material in the comments surrounding the explanation… especially when you think of something like SEO which has been built up into this massive list of rules that don’t always translate to actual reality, or benefits.

Remember, other posters don’t know what your background is or expertise level is and thus may not write exactly to it. </lecture>

As for your question, I don’t know that there’s a definitive answer here… Either way you’re making frequent enough updates that Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc are going to keep up their indexing and notice the changes.

If you were for example blogging a couple times a day vs one dump of 20 posts a week AND getting lots of chatter to those topics the engines would have a reason keep on top of things more often and potentially attach you trending topics, but that doesn’t sound like what you’re talking about. I can’t see how you’d get any serious benefit over two days of one page or one day of two pages. Things just don’t tend to be that granular at that low of a volume.

I think you’re wrong. I’ll try not to get too off topic. We have differences of opinons.

I see it all the time. People asking generally specific kind of questions only to be met with similar responses above. It was a very specific question, not the meatiest of questions, I get that but your answer

If you were for example blogging a couple times a day vs one dump of 20 posts a week AND getting lots of chatter to those topics the engines would have a reason keep on top of things more often and potentially attach you trending topics, but that doesn’t sound like what you’re talking about. I can’t see how you’d get any serious benefit over two days of one page or one day of two pages. Things just don’t tend to be that granular at that low of a volume.

Was all that was needed in the 1st place…

Thanks

In order to attract more visitors to your website it is necessary to update your website,because if you add recent posts or new content it will attract more visitors what you ware getting in previous days.Not for 2 to 3 times per week, very often or whenever you have new content you can add it into your website.

Thanks for that. I am just trying to keep it slow and steady so always 2 to 3 times a week for the last 8 months if not more pages a week. I have several things on the go so I can’t dedicate a huge amount of update time to it.

Cheers…