Server rebooted, Delivery Queue in WHM > ConfigServer Mail Queues, is gone, HELP!

Hi guys, i have about 11.000 Delivery Queue (Outgoing Emails) in WHM > ConfigServer Mail Queues
its about announcement email

my server rebooted, and now there is no one Outgoing Emails left, in WHM > ConfigServer Mail Queues > Delivery Queue

can i get it back? or some log where i can see the email that still not sended yet

bm,

It should still be there.

11,000? That seems to indicate that you are a spammer … and can only be taken that way unless you make a statement to the effect that it’s to a (double) opt-in mailing list with a way to unsubscribe.

Regards,

DK

no, its announcement email from me, before rebooted there is about 11,000 Outgoing Emails that still in queue in WHM > ConfigServer Mail Queues > Delivery Queue

after server rebooted, there is no one Outgoing Emails left, in WHM > ConfigServer Mail Queues > Delivery Queue

ok i already tried running this command, to search one of email address email@domain.com or another email address, already sended or not, also trying to search the message subject

/usr/sbin/exigrep email@domain.com /var/log/exim_mainlog

but no one is showing, including the first email address that surely already sended and received, that is my own email address

so maybe the problem is in exim log or ‘ConfigServer Mail Queue’ log, is crashed or missing during rebooted

is there another exim log or ‘ConfigServer Mail Queue’ log that i can see guys?