Service Temporarily Unavailable

I keep seeing this message for the past while:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Can’t seem to reply to threads, multi-quote or PM etc :shifty: I didn’t see any notification about downtime??

Thanks,
Hazel

Yep I keep getting it too and sometimes the vb database error message. Also a ‘message too short’ error when replying to this post!

Aha, well at least I’m not the only one! Good to know Mike, thanks for the acknowledgment! I’ll just sit tight so and lurk til it’s up and running again properly :tup:

Just to let you guys know, that some member accounts may be affected by this glitch. I received an email from xhtmlcoder and he cannot log into his account for the past while. Just highlighting this issue incase others might also be having problems :tup:

Thank you Hazel for highlighting the Server downtime and my plight, which may have been caused by HTML5 for all I am aware of?

It did lockout my account for several hours…

Though it would have been “helpful” had some details or ‘official explanation’ been posted in the ‘News and Announcements’ regarding the server fall over, teething issues propagation problems or migration or whatever had occurred.

As I am pretty sure my account was not the only one frozen out during the hiccups. Yet I see no mention or official explanation upon the SPF other than this thread.

Alas that is worrying sign that no other mention was made on SPF (to my knowledge) or whether the these issues have been hopefully resolved or not? Since it was a significant interruption time period.

I had a problem yesterday, unable to reset my password, SP has replied to my email and today its working again.

from SP
Sorry about that. We had a temporary bug that is now sorted out. Please try again.

I couldn’t even load sitepoint.com/forums and if it loaded i had trouble viewing a thread - AND if i tried to log in, i only got “Wrong Password” - it happens a lot of times that the forums cannot load at all, and it has been happening as long as i’ve been here… :shifty:

loads fine today

You should have spoken up before Ken although some of the other previous issues might have been your connection.

Though yesterday was definitely a SP Server related issue of some type.

nope, it got nothing to do with my connection, as i have tried everything over the years :smoke:

It was a random bug during a server migration at HQ.
Everything should be ok now but if you have any troubles - PM HAWK :cool:

Thank you Mike for explaining the prior situation. :slight_smile:

At one stage it looked like a hack attempt (I am not going to divulge why for obvious reasons). Later though it was plainly obvious a server was at fault due to the ‘error report emails’ I was getting from those servers, which correlated.

I had to e-mail her; explaining members were experiencing a ‘global problem’ as PM was/is NOT an option under an account lockout. :wink:

I know only several thousand people may have been effected but still it would have been useful at the time if a simple thread was created.

Saying something on the lines of: “Don’t Panic”, we are aware, etc.

Any self-respecting networking professional even junior level would have done so else it leads to communication backlogs or worse.

Anyway, hopefully things are now running smoothly again. :slight_smile:

Ok I’m still having problems :shifty:

This happened when I was sending a PM…

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /forums/private.php.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Apache Server at SitePoint » Web Design, Web Development, Freelancing, Tech News and more Port 80

I experienced a few transient bugs about 12 hours ago - the “proxy” error, some rediects to the index page, missing CSS files, URL variants … but knock wood all seems to be back to the usual ATM

Yes, I have seen a few Error 502 today and I know Hazel has been having issues because of a double post. Though it was nice that a regular member helped start this thread it shows initiative. :slight_smile:

I’ve been getting proxy errors again! :confused2

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /forums/private.php.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Apache Server at SitePoint » Web Design, Web Development, Freelancing, Tech News and more Port 80

Hazel, are you getting the proxy errors at any particular time of the day or at random times?

I’ve had a few 502 today but they only now seem to occur when doing a ‘preview’ on long posts I’ve been editing for a short while. Like before just hitting BACK button and resubmitting seems to sort them.

Hey Lee…It’s usually morning time when it happens as I’m only really on SP then. It happens mostly when I’m sending a PM, I see the proxy error.

This works for me too Robert thankfully!