Setting up Outlook 2003 when using multiple email addresses

Was wondering if anyone could give some advise on the best way to accomplish the use of multiple email addresses with Outlook 2003, using the same Outlook data files for each of the email addresses…

I have used Outlook Express for years and am now switching to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. What I used to do with Outlook Express was:

(1) Configure the accounts with each domain name registrar to forward all email to a single pop3,
(2) Have Outlook Express get the incoming mail from the single pop3 and use RULES to sort the mail so that the email for each address goes into a unique folder.
(3) For outgoing mail, I used different “Identities”, each with a “from” and “respond to” that corresponded to the email address for that identity (routing through a single SMTP).
(4) Configure each identity to share the same Outlook Express data file so that no matter which identity I was logged into, I would see all my different email sent to each address in their respective folders.

I simply logged into the appropriate identity to lend the appearance of the mail coming from the one I wanted to send from.

But with Outlook 2003, it seems there is no such thing as “Identities”, but rather it uses “Profiles”. These Profiles seem similar to the old Identities, but I am unable to get each Profile to use the same data file. I have gone into the control panel… but I am unable to accomplish this. Any suggestions?

Thank you for any help!

size=1[/size]

Nevermind. I realize there is a whole different way of accomplishing this w/ 2003.

Care to share you wisdom? I have a similar question with Outlook 2003.

I would like to have a separate Inbox, Drafts, Outbox, Sent Items for EACH POP3 account. Now it will do this for IMAP accounts, but for POP3 accounts, it will only let you deliver them to the same folder, regardless of the fact you have mulitple pop3 accounts. Now I know you can set up rules… but I would like each POP3 account to be separate!!

Anyone know any solutions?

For your situation, set-up an additional “profile” for each POP3.

Thanks, I didn’t know about that. But restarting Outlook to change profiles is unpractical for me as I like to leave it open for new email notifications etc.

I just wish Outlook would let you treat POP3 accounts like IMAP accounts!

Just go to the accounts section (Tools > Accounts) and add more mail boxes, and select them to be delivered to a PST :wink:

Thanks for the suggestion, however, I still can’t get what I am looking for. As it seems Outlook will only allow incoming mail from ALL POP3 ACCOUNTS to be delivered to a single PST. You can’t have mail from different POP3 accounts going into their own PST. I think their lies the problems therefore I don’t think I can achieve what I want.

:frowning:

Of course you can :stuck_out_tongue: Click “Tools > Rules and Alerts” and there you can set mail sent to a certain account to be delivered to the specified folder :wink:

I use this to filter out certain types of emails at work, like meeting minutes and whatnot so that I dont have to catagorise EVERYTHING every tweo minutes :slight_smile:

Ask me if you need help :wink:

I thought I’d read somewhere that only Outlook Express could access the Hotmail, but maybe that’s changed since I read it. I can’t test the idea because my Microsoft Outlook is still Outlook 97 which I am not using. I currently use Outlook Express 6 to access my multiple Hotmail and single paid-for MSN email accounts. I prefer it because it checks them all at once in a second or so, without making my login appear visibly to Windows or MSN Messenger buddies.

For anyone already using the beta download of XP SP2, or planning to use the official release when it becomes available shortly, I did discover a caveat for Outlook Express users accessing httpmail such as Hotmail or MSN. You must NOT have the sites *.msn.com or *.passport.com added in the Trusted Sites list in MSIE or else OE6’s httpmail connection attempts will be redirected and fail.
This problem drove me nuts for a couple weeks until I figured out it was something I had to do in MSIE, to fix the problem in OE. If Outlook Express fails to connect to your web-based email at Hotmail or MSN.com, you need to go into MSIE, Tools, Internet Options, Security, click on Trusted sites, then on the “Sites” button to bring up the list, then locate *.msn.com and *.passport.com and remove them if either is present. I might also have needed to do this because I see that I have checked the box that says “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.” Maybe unchecking that would also have fixed things, but I chose to simply remove the two sites instead, and Outlook Express began working again when I did.