Setting up small office network server with Linux

Hello, I am looking for a resource (book) that could help and guide me building a small-office network with Linux as server with 5-10 client machines (having windows or linux as OS).

I know how to install Linux and have some experience with it but setting up a server for sharing files, user access, web server etc. looks quite complicated to me.

Is there any good book (Sitepoint’s, O’Reilly etc.) for beginners like me to build and manage a small office network with Linux?

Thank you for your help.

O’reilly has:
Linux in a Nutshell
SAMBA

These are two pretty good resources. For an office environment, you may want to look at Red Hat or its clone CentOS. Both have some good documentation.

I assuming this is mainly for file sharing? If so, then you will likely want to run SAMBA.

You may be better off simply identifying the services you need to run and then search for how-to’s. There are many great sites that have how-to’s for Linux.

@ sitepoint team - Isn’t there any good book covering linux networking and server management?

You might want to look at the various “for Dummies” books. You can likely find something like “Home networking for dummies” and maybe some on Linux.

I have found their books helpful when I initially start a specific subject.

Thanks Bill !!

try this: http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu-home-fileserver