Setup costs of a reseller website

Hello, I am wanting to set up a reseller hosting account as a hobby and extra income if possible, I currently have £550-£600 to start with but want to pay for for the reseller account and whmcs monthly but need basic web design work and integraten with whmcs and so on, advertising and what ever else I will need not really sure , any advice would be helpful
Also so I don’t open another topic is anyone else tapatqlk working with the site mine has stopped working with site point says I don’t have permission to access this

Your budget is too much.
A reseler hosting is around approx. $50/YEAR
WHMCS or Clientexec is aslo around the same price.
A good free template can be fine for reseller hosting.
Integration of CE or WHMCS and modification of template +your own banners may also cost around the same money.

You can post in ‘design’ section also to check the offers.
Good luck.

A reseler hosting is around approx. $50/YEAR
WHMCS or Clientexec is aslo around the same price.

Not from what I’ve seen. Reseller hosting from a reputable provider, with a billing software license included, tends to start about about $15/month. WHMCS if bought separately from the hosting, like directly from the developer or even from Licensepal still costs $13/month+.

In my opinion, with all that he wants done, his budget is OK. After all, it must cover costs for something like a year, because getting to that break-even point might not happen as soon as we like it to.

Just a basic reseller account can run any where from $5 to $15 per month. It depends on how big of a plan you want. I always recommend starting out small, most web hosting providers will let you upgrade as your business grows, and I don’t believe its necessary to pay for something that you may never use.

A WHMCS license will run anywhere from $15 to $20 a month, so safe to assume $20 per month.

So you’re looking at $25 to $35 per month for a reseller account + WHMCS. But this doesn’t include a designed website, card processing, and marketing.

Set up costs are just the first month’s payment from my experience. You are over compensating - there are plenty of reseller hosting plans that cost less than what you are expecting to pay.

Make sure you get a discount and free whmcs, check out some off this forum for sure, iam with jaguarpc.com and have free whmcs and 1 month free,

Your approach is good, start it as a hobby until you get familiar with WHMCS and the industry, then go full throttle, your budget is good! you can get a custom designed template and WHMCS integration with this budget (Try Scriptlance). Then it won’t be more than $50 - $70 per month for a good reseller account. Promoting on forums will get you most of the accounts. But if you wanna jumpstart, you can advertise on forums like WHT, DPF, Sitepoint. Good Luck :slight_smile:

Then it won’t be more than $50 - $70 per month for a good reseller account.

That’s the price of an entry level fully managed VPS account, and a high-end(ish) reseller hosting account.

Solid reseller accounts from reputable hosts really start at around $20-25/month, and they will often come with free WHMCS licenses and white-label support.

I’m very happy with Innohosting, but JaguarPC, DowntownHost, HostNine, and HostGator are all good as well.

Solid reseller accounts from reputable hosts really start at around $20-25/month

A coupon or special offer can sometimes take the price a bit lower, even with some reputable hosts like the ones you mentioned. The huge saving remains the free WHMCS license though.

WHMCS licenses are never free though. The hosts will always include the licensing fees in the monthly bill or all at once upfront.

old thread, but evetualy got around to setting it up, month later i know but ahh well lol… for anyone interested , i went with hostgator reseller, $19 first month then $24 afterwards, free whmcs and all … thanks for your help people even tho it took time for me to get around to it :smiley: