Sexy Web Design Really sucks bad!

Just that… Nothing more…

Take care,

Kinaski

I’ve found Sitepoint books to be very compelling and filled with interesting tips and examples, they’ve definitely helped improve my web design game.

Are you talking about the book?

Do you have any specific reasons you think so? This post isn’t really helpful to anyone…

Hi

I just wanted to spit out this you know… Sorry if I offended someone…

Anyway, the book really s…s… Old re-digested stuff, boring, lousy examples, and the book project is like a site SNIP

All in all, speckled teenager’s stuff… Just my opinion… I expected somthg more from my fellow metallica fan :wink: Hetfield would kick his a… ya know…

Cheers

I think this thread could be locked without harm to anyone…

I don’t want to close the thread as people are entitled to their opinion on the book. Kinaski we do have a 30-day money back guarantee on the book. So if you ordered direct from us, you can simply return it, and we’ll give you a full refund. Please email books@sitepoint.com for more information.

I don’t post much but leaving this thread open is the type of decision making that draws me to the Site Point forums. I have purchased 4 or 5 books from Site Point and with one I did find that it had very little that I did not already know.

I did not realize that I was that far along with my web knowledge :slight_smile: and it made me feel sorta good. I don’t want to “brown nose” too much here so, just keep up the good work and I await more books on the topics that I am interested in.

[COLOR=“Blue”][SIZE=“3”]Even a bird can’t fly without “a pinion.”

Of course! What’s the point in having a forum if people can’t say what they mean?

Just out of curiosity, I went to see what Kinaski’s own web site looked like. While there, I enjoyed the tranquil music in the background, and inspected the three sites he’s currently working on. As Meatloaf sang “2 outa 3 ain’t bad” - the first two sites are clean, fresh and accessible, whilst the third is the usual dreary commercial pallor - so safe it’s antiseptic. Don’t take offence - it’s just my opinion! :wink:

But I really found Kinaski’s own web site surprising - a near-black background? Tiny reversed writing? Almost impossible to read what music was playing, until I’d zoomed in three times.

Didn’t anyone in the web design world ever learn about readability?! And doesn’t anyone understand that most of the people visiting B2B (business to business) websites with any buying clout are already over 40, suffer from presbyopia, and can hardly read a darned thing on many sites? On behalf of the “oldies”, let me beg you all -

Write [/SIZE]bigger[SIZE=“3”], please, people!

(Still enjoying the music! Massive Attack, mmm, nice wallpaper … er, background.)
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Yahya- Just increase the text size from your browser ( :wink: )

I forgot to mention when first posting here that I happen to think Sexy Web Design is a spiffingly good book. Elliot has that flair for design which is exactly as described: Sexy.

I haven’t read it in its entirety yet, but the book is about more than design, it’s about design work also. Work: the handling of design projects and methodologies for ensuring a product and interface works advantageously for clients and users.

I’m fairly sure that Kinaski’s site was Joomla 1.5. It’s an open source pre-built CMS and all you do is add a template that is usually pre-built unless you build your own from scratch which most prople do not but they do tweak the pre-built templates.

You can always download a free chapter or excerpt or something to see if the book fits you before you buy it.

Good point, bulevardi :tup: Plus sitepoint also do offer a 30 day money back guarantee :agree:

[URL=“http://www.sitepoint.com/books/guarantee.php?uid=1241801883223-223-3062055”]No-Risk Money Back Guarantee

We‘re so confident that you‘ll love this book that we’re happy for you to try it risk-free for 30 days. If you purchase a copy of any of our books and you don‘t find it to be everything you hoped for, we want you to get your money back.

Simply send the book back to us and we will see to it that you get a prompt and courteous refund of the full purchase price minus shipping and handling. Please note that if your purchase includes a CD, this guarantee will be rendered void once you remove that CD from its sleeve.

What could be fairer than that?

Hello Everyone,

As one who has bought and read Sexy Web Design I wanted to add my two bits that the book does not suck.

I think the book has a lot of information and resources as to how to make websites look sexy. It was recommended to me by one of the best female web designers in the world, Lea Alcantara.

Only one criticism that I would say is that I was looking for a book that would teach me some practical tips and techniques as to how to use Photoshop to design web interfaces and have yet to find one, (however I’ve decided to concentrate on the code and have partnered up with an award winning graphic designer to make up for my weak design skills, (as I’m more left brain than right brain)

That being said, I would recommend the book to anyone wanting to learn more about making websites look sexy, however if you’re a seasoned pro you’re probably already doing that.

Hope this helps anyone who reads this.

Sincerely,

Matt

Matt, is this what your looking for with regards to a book on Photoshop?

Hmmm sounds like the book is interesting…where can I order my copy?

http://www.sitepoint.com/books/sexy1/

thanks it says " buy 2 or more printed books and get free shipping" is Japan covered with the free shipping?

It says

If you order 2 or more books we’ll give you FREE Shipping to anywhere in the world on your entire order!